cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connecting to Now TV

smiths22

Connecting to Now TV

Hello,

I've just brought a new Now TV stick and I can't get it to connect to the internet. I've tried both my 2.4GHz and 5GHz connection.

When I connect I see it accesses my wireless network, local network but when it hits accessing the internet it fails. I've tried resetting the router, turning the router off for periods of time as well. I'm accessing wifi fine on my laptop/phone etc. Is there a block happening and if so does anyone know a way around this?

Thanks

Holly

3 REPLIES 3
smiths22

Re: Connecting to Now TV

To update, I've tried rebooting the router and now tv stick also changing the channel and using the 2.4Ghz connection primarily as I saw on a blog that's the best route. 

In addition I've connected via my phones hotspot to now tv and updated the software. All these still made no difference.

mikeg1bson
Dabbler

Probably a stupid question. is the now tv stick connected to WiFi? I wasn’t sure if it was connecting okay.

When you go to the stick’s settings/network/about what does it say?

If you run Check connection, what does it say. Trying to establish whether it’s wifi connection issue or internet connection.

Do you have Safeguard enabled? Do you have any blocks enabled? I am not sure if Safeguard might block Now TV if Streaming Media block is enabled - I have no idea but it’s a possibility that’s worth eliminating.

smiths22

It's connecting to wifi fine just seems to be the final step it falls down at. We've not set any blocks or safeguards up but not sure if they come as standard?