cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connected to network, no internet access

Parsdaft

Connected to network, no internet access

When trying to connect via wifi on tablets, phone, TV etc lose internet connection but connected to network. I end up having to switch my router and open reach fibre router off and back on again. I then connect ok for anything between 1 hour and 1 day. I bought a new smart tv in December and wonder if this is the issue? As I work away from home it is very frustrating for my family who are not tech minded. I'm beginning to regret signing up to a new contract towards the end of last year. I should say prior to signing up there were never any drop out issues.

any ideas on a solution?

2 REPLIES
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 323

Re: Connected to network, no internet access

Hi there. Welcome to the community forums.

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing connection problems.

Our tests aren't showing any issues. The physical connection between your router and the exchange seems stable too:

Unless you're having issues using a wired connection to your router as well, I'd recommend running through the steps in the WiFi troubleshooting guide here: https://community.plus.net/t5/Plusnet-Blogs/How-to-boost-your-wi-fi/ba-p/1450193

Please do let us know how you get on.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Anoush Mortazavi
 Plusnet Help Team
runhare
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Re: Connected to network, no internet access

I'd agree with @Gandalf that you need to check the wifi troubleshooting process. 

Which router are you using ? 

Many things can affect wifi and lead to the problems you're experiencing but I doubt it's got anything to do with signing up for a new contract! 

Can you're a bit more specific about your problems and what you're doing at the time when they occur also the times they occur?