cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connected to WiFi and router but no internet

PREH

Connected to WiFi and router but no internet

My Hub One has stopped working since Sunday. Had been great for a year.
I have reset it as well as powering off but to no avail.

I have powered off the router twice and I cannot connect to it via http://192.168.1.254 from any device including hardwiring into it with the laptop.

The wireless connections are working as all the devices are seeing and connecting to it but they all state that there is no connection to the internet.
There was no change to wiring or devices in the house.
I assume that the the router has stopped working properly.
Hope you can help.

Thanks
3 REPLIES 3
BD
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 86

Re: Connected to WiFi and router but no internet

Hi @PREH, I'm sorry to hear you're having connection issues as of recent. Checking your connection from this side we can see we are still connecting to the router however the details the router is trying to authenticate the connection with are no longer matching the broadband username and password for your account. We'd advise logging into the router and getting these corrected as you look to have begun to do so already however I'd suggest using Internet explorer or Microsoft Edge on the wired laptop as some browsers often try searching the web for the 192.168.1.254 rather than bringing up the router pages.

If for whatever reason you're still having issues logging into the router after trying the advised browsers then I'd recommend factory resetting the router and seeing if then it lets you log in and correct the authentication details.
This can be done by pressing a pin, cocktail stick etc.. into the "reset hole on the back of the router for 5-15 seconds. You should see the router reboot and then within a few minutes hopefully this may have resolved the issue you're seeing.
Let us know how it goes.

PREH

Thanks.
For whatever reason it eventually let me log onto the router. It was giving the "100 session" message and it took over two hours perseverance to get connected.

Switch off and switch on allowed the devices to connect to the internet.
BD
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 86

Hi @PREH, I'm happy to hear you've managed to get logged into the router and a reboot looks to have resumed the connection as normal. By all means if you notice any further issues moving forwards please do let us know.