Did you mean: 

Connected to ADSL but No internet

FIXED
thorbs
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

Connected to ADSL but No internet

Hi folks,

I've got a slight issue in that everything appears to be okay but my modem is reporting no connection to the net. My modem is a Huawei hg612 and this is connected to a tp link deco m5. The hg612 shows a connection (DSL light is solid), the lan port light is flickering away happily when connected to the deco but my deco unit is reporting no internet.

Nothing has changed in the setup, it has been running happily for 17mths, the router is using ppoe, the credentials in the router haven't been touched, etc. I have rebooted/recycled both units and left them powered down for approx 20 mins with the same result and checked the internet cable, which is fine.

Could it possibly be a stuck connection?
2 REPLIES 2
RichardB
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 39

Re: Connected to ADSL but No internet

Fix
Hi
It could be a stuck session but have you recently changed your member centre password?
The member centre password is also used to authenticate the PPPoE session.
Regards
Richard
thorbs
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

Re: Connected to ADSL but No internet

Thanks Richard, Looks like a password change that was made for my member center login had created an authentication error for the router (the nice folks at plusnet support confirmed). This was picked up when I rebooted the main Deco unit leading to unhappy kids for a few hours. All better now but I'd better note down the credentials somewhere in case I get a similar problem in the future.

Thanks for your help.