Connected but not connected fibre
OK first post and a weird one. Fibre connection been fine (odd drop out) since I had it last year. All of a sudden I cant access any web sites. Any device in the house, laptops, mobile devices, mac, Roku, all the same. Bugging me now as been going on for a couple of weeks. Below is the situation:
- Hub shows connected, blue light and GUI says connected
- Hub is and always has been in the BT test socket
- No internal changes to any wiring in property
- ALL devices show connected via wifi/ LAN fine
- Cant access any web sites, DNS not responding / Outlook offline.
- I can access anything LAN side fine so NAS drive / other devices
- Only fix is to restart the router and bingo its back.
Appreciate any thoughts
Re: Connected but not connected fibre
@Herb sounds like it may be another occurrence of this problem https://community.plus.net/t5/Fibre-Broadband/DNS-Resolution-Strange-Issue/m-p/1748277
Next time it happens , is it possible to manually set the DNS servers on a laptop and see if that makes DNS work ?
You will struggle to do it on mobile devices but if you have a Windows laptop then that should be straightforward.
Doing that test will prove whether it is the router DNS cache that's the problem or some other fault.