Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connected but no traffic Throughput

mikedoh
Grafter

Connected but no traffic Throughput

Hi all

My internet was working this morning, I came back from shopping and the Plusnet hub had an orange light, I rebooted but no avail, I logged into the router and restyled my username and password, and the hub went blue. It seems I’m connected at the proper speed, but I have no throughput at all. Data transmitted is 0.4MB, revived 0.0MB

Any ideas? Or do I need to ring support 😔

Thanks

Mike
5 REPLIES 5
Baldrick1
Fixes: 415

Re: Connected but no traffic Throughput

@mikedoh 

What do you mean by 'restyled' your user name.

Note that you need to disconnect DSL either using the router control or unplugging the DSL cable before changing the user name from the default to yourusername@plusdsl.net and entering your password. Once it's changed reconnect the DSL.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

mikedoh
Grafter

Sorry I meant re typed username.

It’s connected but still no traffic through out. I’ve just tried my old BT hub, which has also connected with the correct username and password but still no traffic at all. This is from multiple devices, I’ve changed dns on some of them as a test and nothing.
mikedoh
Grafter

My dns servers are set to 62.6.38.125 and 194.74.75.98 in the router but these arent serving nslookups and I’m not sure these are Plusnet’s?
mikedoh
Grafter

An external fault has been logged. Funnily a BT open reach van was outside my house with a cherry picker, I told them the situation even though a job has been logged by Plusnet, and they ran a check on the line and my line is showing as “spare”
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Thanks for getting in touch @mikedoh I'm sorry for the issues with your broadband connection.

It looks like your phone was slammed and then ceased, but your broadband carried on working until what's known as the jumper removal activity completed to disconnect the equipment at the cabinet (the green box in the road).

We've reactivated your phone but the fault report hasn't progressed to an engineer yet, because it's within our suppliers application support group (ASG) team as there's a mismatch with the routing in the system, likely due to what's happened.

We've been advised to allow 2 working days for the fault to be progressed. This should then be passed to an engineer to reconnect your broadband up. There's a small chance we may need to cease your broadband and re-order.

I'm taking this on personally though and I'll provide an update as soon as we know more.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet