cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connected but no Internet

Beardo10

Connected but no Internet

Just became a new customer and was pretty excited about getting a stable Internet connection ! Been with plusnet 3 weeks and the drop outs I've had has surpassed any provider I've ever been with ! Currently 10-15 a day on every device ! Apparently I'm getting a good 75mbs and no fault on the line 🙄 so they tell me ! So I was advised to split the signal and put what I can on 5 well that didn't work nor has swapping channels every other day ! Apparently they can only guarantee wired connections and its not a fault there end ! I can't wire my mobile directly into the router nor can I have the i pads wired in ...The strange thing is all my devices show the connection to the router on every device but has the connected but no Internet message ! I honestly think its my router but they said it can't be as its only 3 weeks old ! Hummmmm ...i have messaged them 4 times and no response has anyone else had this problem and resolved it ?? L

8 REPLIES 8
Moggi

Re: Connected but no Internet

My friend, I have similar problems. Some devices are "connected" but with no internet. I have posted elsewhere but no response. 

Beardo10

Hi Moggi
So I'm not the only one! Are you new to plusnet?? Seems like one solution is to pay and upgrade your router ....But why should we fork out for a brand new router when we're new customers and that's the service we signed up for! I will be calling them tonight as my 4 messages have gone unanswered!
Moggi

Baldrick1
Fixes: 421

@Beardo10 

You can see if it's the line dropping by observing the lights on the hub or logging into the hub and looking thrugh the event log.

If it is a wireless problem that you have then you and @Moggi have to choose whether to keep complaining and probably just get more frustrated or fork out, as you put it, on another router. At the end of the day Plusnet do not guarantee wireless performance. Many of us have forked out about 20 quid (or less) on an auction site such as Ebay for a BT Smarthub 6 which has resolved issues. The choice is yours.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

@Moggi & @Beardo10 - it sounds like you may both be affected by a known issue with the 5GHz Wi-Fi radio that's being discussed elsewhere round these parts.

I've just pushed an update to both of your routers. Try rebooting (switch off and back on again) and see if it's any better.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

Beardo10

Thank you will give it a go and get back to you !
Moggi

Thanks Bob, though it wouldn't seem to be a remedy to the Samsung Tv's periodic lack of connectivity (ethernet through a TP Link Powerline adapter?

I'll see what effect it has the other wireless devices. 

Thanks again. 

Baldrick1
Fixes: 421

@Moggi 

Have you gone off wireless and now concerned about Powerline performance? If so consider this  https://community.plus.net/t5/Tech-Help-Software-Hardware-etc/Powerline-Unit-Performance/m-p/1607450...

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'