Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connected before activation date

Chargrange
Dabbler

Connected before activation date

Hi!
One of the kids thought it was a smart idea to be helpful and set the new router up. Regardless of the not that says DONT.

I have however noticed that the light was solid blue? I’ve read that this indicates the open reach side of the activation is done.
It worked for around 15 minutes before dropping to orange.

Is there any chance we could have this pushed through quicker then the planned activation day? (1st of September)
3 REPLIES 3
adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Re: Connected before activation date

Hi @Chargrange

Thanks for reaching out. You've answered your own question here! Sometimes, Openreach will complete the physical work a few days early, however your connection will not work as the order still needs to be completed on BT Wholesale#'s end as well. The component on our end will not automatically become active until the notification of completion (KCI3) has been triggered by BT Wholesale.

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds
Chargrange
Dabbler

Hi thanks for contacting me quickly.

Should I unplug the router? Or leave it searching? Will it too any actual harm as it’s going from fttc to fttc. And the sooner it’s activated the better, 2 days without internet is a lot living off data.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

I'd recommend unplugging your router or switching it off until we've confirmed your broadband's ready to use, because plugging it in too early can occasionally cause problems with the router automatically finding the right details to connect to the internet. Let us know though if there are any issues and we'll be happy to help.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet