Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confused by 14 day Speed Email

dgilbert2
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

Confused by 14 day Speed Email

I am confused by my 14 day Broadband Speed email, having recently migrated to PN.

On BT I was getting around 76mbps down sync speed thanks to the 3db profile role out.

When I migrated to PN and the IP profile was reset, I was put back on to a 6db profile which gave a down sync of 60mbps.

I've been on this 60mbps down sync now for over a month and to be fair is working well so I'm quite happy Smiley

BUT - the 14 day email says "Current line speed: 78Mbps".

So why does the email say 78 (which must imply a 3db profile for my line to achieve this) yet my BT 5B hub is only syncing at 60mbps?

Capture.JPG

6 REPLIES 6
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: Confused by 14 day Speed Email

It looks like your account hasn't received a speed (delta) report from our suppliers since your service started.

Delta reports come through every so often for fibre broadband. It won't be impacting your connection.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
dgilbert2
Aspiring Pro

@Gandalf thank you for your reply.

I'm beginning to wonder if there is something on my profile / account which is making the DLM "too conservative" and hence keep me at 6db/60mbps (I was successfully on a 3db/76mbps profile with BT)? I'm quoting the VDSL sync speed here.

I've been connected since 1st December without a re-sync - 36 days total, the history of my line has never seen such few re-syncs. At the most, I typically got to 30 days with BT, at a push 🙂

I have just forced a manual re-sync but it has not changed anything and still no signs of going back towards a 3db profile.

Is there anything you could check on my set-up please, bearing in mind I'm using exactly the same BT Home Hub 5B.

Thanks

RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

PlusNet have no control over the Openreach DLM system so are not able to influence your SNRM value. Your stats look perfectly OK so you will just have to hope that you eventually get back to 3dB and a better sync speed.

dgilbert2
Aspiring Pro

Thanks for the reply.

I understood though that there was a sensitivity setting that could be adjusted by PN?

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

All circuits are provisioned by default on the Standard/Speed stability profile.

Any changes we make would likely make the SNR go the other way, upwards. Sad

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
dgilbert2
Aspiring Pro

@Gandalf Thanks for the clarity on the stability settings. I'm back to the waiting game then Cheesy