cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Concentrator not reachable

julde
Hooked

Concentrator not reachable

Like many before me, I find that my internet is down and on the technicolor gateway page I get 'concentrator not reachable'. I have tried everything. I can't seem to find where to open a support ticket. They have clearly designed this so that it is difficult to access personalised support, the automated service asks what is wrong yet it does not understand 'internet down, concentrator not reachable' (it returns 'we understand something is down' !!!!). Further than that, The plusnet website is trying to give me some very basic advice... This is a bit exasperating. I have restarted both physically and through the browser page, several times. The only thing I found on the Internet (thanks to my trusty iPhone) is from Australia and recommends resetting to factory settings BUT if I do this I will lose the config through Port 4 of PPoE, not sure why I need it and it says it was setup by the user but I never did this, must be a Preconfig setting before the modem reached me? I am not sure if I should reset the modem to factory defaults... Last thing you need on a weekend...
13 REPLIES 13
GenesisLion
Hooked

Re: Concentrator not reachable

I'm currently suffering with the same issue, going from what I could find out I strongly suspect it's something up the line rather than being an issue with our routers.

Edit: is it possibly related to https://community.plus.net/t5/Service-Status ?

julde
Hooked

Yes, I suspect it is not the router because I tried to connect directly via Ethernet through the fibre broadband BT box with PPoE and no server could be found...
GenesisLion
Hooked

Giving the router reset a try anyway just as a shot in the dark, doubting it will do much other than leading to me having to redo the Wi-Fi settings on it.

julde
Hooked

I tried that, several times... No joy. I'll try and chat with their tech support tomorrow!
GenesisLion
Hooked

I'd suspect we're not the only ones suffering with it, we're most likely just the only ones who've actually posted about it.

GenesisLion
Hooked

I hate to double post but thought I should say that after a restart of both the cable modem and the router this morning I now have working internet again.

julde
Hooked

No such luck here!
CJBlue
Dabbler

I've had this problem since Saturday morning,I phoned Plusnet support and tried all the troubleshooting including resetting the router to factory defaults, connecting directly to the OR modem, leaving everything off for over an hour and nothing's worked. Currently my ticket has been escalated and I'm waiting for an update.

Initially I thought it was a stuck PPP session and after the troubleshooting was wondering if there was a problem at the exchange but now I'm not so sure where the problem is if it's affecting several people Huh

julde
Hooked

I tried connecting to the OR modem this morning through PPoE and it worked so I think it is the technicolor gateway router. I then set up a shared internet connection from my laptop and am using that as a router while I wait for one from Amazon to arrive tomorrow... I hope that solves it. Customer support suggested they could sell me a new one but I thought I'd get my own. The plusnet one would arrive next Monday!
GenesisLion
Hooked

@CJBlue wrote:

Initially I thought it was a stuck PPP session and after the troubleshooting was wondering if there was a problem at the exchange but now I'm not so sure where the problem is if it's affecting several people Huh

Mine was as I found out this morning after it was all working and my last post, BT had decided to rip the road up to do something to the phone lines, without any notice or any mention of service interruption on their web site for my area...

CJBlue
Dabbler

Got home to see I now have no "DSL" light on the OR modem even after reboot so I'm thinking it's a BT issue. Only have limited internet access via 4G on my mobile atm so hope they sort whatever's wrong quickly.
idonno
Champion
Fixes: 6

Interesting, just wonder if Plusnet or OR have / had problems. I see via the Thinkbroadband Quality Monitor I lost the internet for a few minute this evening. I also saw someone else's BQM (also with Plusnet) was also showing a problem at the same time. Seems to be up and running again though.

My BQM

Ever helpful. Grin Sure, I’d love to help you out. Now which way did you come in?
CJBlue
Dabbler

idonno wrote:

Interesting, just wonder if Plusnet or OR have / had problems

Well , the DSL light and internet connectivity returned about 10pm last night so I can get online but now the connection keeps dropping every 10-15 minutes so it's there's still a problem somewhere between me and PlusNet.

I'm guessing it's at the Exchange, but it could always be the cabinet - I should have taken a wander past to see if there was an OR engineer there.