cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Concentrator not reachable

lairdy

Concentrator not reachable

Hi
My connection dropped overnight, and since then I have been unable to reconnect. The FTTC modem is connected and the Technicolor router has sync, but when I try to reestablish the connection through the router web interface I get an error:
'Concentrator not reachable'
Looking through some of the forums here seems to suggest that it might be as simple as Plusnet is holding my previous PPP session open so the router is unable to reconnect.
I've opened a ticket, but would one of the kind folks from Plusnet be able to give it a kick for me in order to get it resolved a bit quicker? I'm working from home this week and the lack of internet (other than my ropey 3G signal) is causing a major headache.
Many thanks
Andy
6 REPLIES 6
All4One
Grafter

Re: Concentrator not reachable

Have you tried powering down both boxes for over 15mins and then just starting the modem and then the router once the modem has come to life?
Terranova667
Pro
Fixes: 5

Resetting either the modem, router or both wont change anything it sounds like as Lairdy states that the session is stuck at plusnets end they would have to reset it. 
lairdy

I've already tried switching everything off and waiting. No change.
For any Plusnet people watching:
My username: lairdy
The open ticket for this issue is  106385251
I'd be grateful if someone could take a look as this error seems to come up a lot on these forums and in most cases seems to be a stuck PPP session on the Plusnet end.
Thanks
Andy
lairdy

Is anyone from PlusNet reading this forum?
lairdy

All sorted now, thanks to a helpful chap called Lewis on the Plusnet online chat helpdesk.
It was indeed a stuck PPP session.
KevH
Rising Star

Out of interest, I also had a stuck PPP session. Problems started just before midnight last night.
Raised a ticket at 7.30 this morning but with no response by 1.30  (and two post GCSE teenagers crawling up the walls "you do know there is actually nothing to do a home without internet") a nice chap on chat fixed the problem after a couple of minutes.
Wonder if there should be some service notification? There is a notice about PTN-BNG01 but the notice says a reconnection should occur. Assuming the stuck PPP session is the same problem or is caused as a result of the maintenance on the GW then the advice is wrong.