cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Concentrator not reachable

Brian784

Concentrator not reachable

My router PPP connection has been showing 'Concentrator not reachable'  intermittently for the past 13 days and now the length of time without the internet I've experienced over the past four days has increased considerably. Would changing Broadband provider rectify the problem or would I still have the same fault? Not sure whether this is a BT exchange issue or a Plusnet PPP issue that needs fixing. I am not getting any feedback from customer support. Can anyone please advise?
6 REPLIES 6
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: Concentrator not reachable

Your connection logs don't make for pretty viewing:

It's dropping out so often that there's no chance of a usable connection at the moment.
As you've already reported this you should have already been through the standard connection checks, master (or test) socket, check for noise on the phone line?
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Brian784

Thanks Chris. No noise on phone line. All other checks completed including Ethernet plugged directly into BT modem. Support confirmed external problem and yesterday said that this fault  would be escalated to management for further action.
Blake
Grafter

Has it been with the faults team yet, if so how long?
It's possible that your SNRM (signal to noise ratio margin) is too low for your line if it hasn't been with them long/reviewed yet.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

It's been open as a fault for a while and as it's Fibre we can't adjust the SNR unfortunately (nor can we see it on a test result).
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Blake
Grafter

Darn,  should of realised was in the fibre forum.
Hope it's resolved soon Brian.
Brian784

Thanks Blake.