cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Concentrator not reachable - going 9 days

25emgr

Concentrator not reachable - going 9 days

Hi, hoping someone from support can assist me on this long running issue.
We started having intermittent connection issues on the 5th... red light on the router and after rebooting it "concentrator not reachable" error when trying to connect.
We have an question open (106917925) , stale sessions have been killed numerous times with no luck. A BT engineer has been at the address to replace cable from the cabinet to the house (not sure if this was coincidence or a result of testing/fault findings when troubleshooting the issue).
We still had intermittent connection up until Saturday and since then we have had no connection at all (usage shows some some MB/s used off-peak times up until Sunday then nothing).
A further question on the account was logged today (107414961) saying that we are up and running but this is incorrect, the connection is still down
Can someone please call me tomorrow on the updated mobile phone number on the account (tsinghoptex) to try solve this issue?
Thanks!
10 REPLIES 10
Estragon
Rising Star

Re: Concentrator not reachable - going 9 days

I had this a few months ago. IIRC it was when in the end I got an engineer, and he couldn't find anything wrong. I had already done factory resets on modem and router, checked and replaced all cables, different router.
As a last try he went to his van and brought back a new HG612 modem. Bingo!
At all times the old modem said it had DSL. But it didn't.
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

I'm trying some remote things to try and fix this.
Leave it with me.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
25emgr

Hi Matthew,
I got an update to the question and a BT engineer is scheduled for tomorrow morning to come check the connection.
Can you share a bit of information on what your testing found (106917925)?
Also, will the engineer call before arriving at the property? I work 10 minutes away from home and ideally I'd be at work and drive home for the appointment as I can't work from home without the internet connection working..
Thanks
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

I'm sorry but I'm not sure what Matthew has done and he's left for the day now.
We can't guarantee that the engineer will call, sometimes they will but again sometimes not.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
25emgr

Engineer did not turn up.. Technical Support tells me it's possible they might have fixed the issue at the exchange and hence saw no need to turn up at my address... so giving the benefit of the doubt for now (however there's no internet connection yet).
This is why a call from the engineer when arriving at the premises would be nice. I could have been at work and make my way home in 10 minutes but instead I had to take the morning off work to make sure I don't get charged £50 for not being at the address when the engineer turns up.
Now the next available appointment is probably early next week?  Angry
I understand that the engineers are from BT and not from plusnet so there's not a lot you could have done with regards to the no show.. but this has become a real inconvenience now.. not happy...
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

I'm just reading the fault notes. This is probably something you've already done, but when you log in to the router can you confirm that the connection username is entered as YOURUSERNAME@plusdsl.net?
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
25emgr

Hi Chris,
Yes I've checked that.
I've reset the router as well, interestingly when I log in to it the username is set to ###@plusdsl.net.. but that doesn't work either. I have since changed that to my username/password.
Cheers
[Moderator's note by Adie (dvorak) removed username as it's a  public forum
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

I can see our faults team are picking this up now.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
25emgr

Hi Matt,
Do you have any updates from the supplier regarding this issue?
The last message on the question says something about re-booking an appointment but waiting for something else first.
Thanks
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

It looks like the fault wasn't in the right status on our suppliers systems which will have prevented us from booking the appointment.
One of our experienced faults agents is handling this so I'm confident you'll have a update soon.
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team