cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Concentrator Not Reachable - no connection (Fibre)

karlhungus
Dabbler

Concentrator Not Reachable - no connection (Fibre)

Hi,
Woke up this morning to no Broadband; OpenReach modem DSL light is occasionally flashing and sometimes off. Router web interface says "Concentrator Not Reachable". Was working fine at approx 10:30pm last nite.
Have powered the modem off and on, and then the router too. Made no difference. Have a ticket open, 83915791.
Could this be a stale connection, or does it need an Engineer "visit"?
Thanks,
Paul
17 REPLIES 17
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Re: Concentrator Not Reachable - no connection (Fibre)

Hi and good morning Paul.
Sorry to hear you're having an issue with the Concentrator Not Reachable". Can you please make sure that all the cables are connected as we're seeing no connection between your Modem and Cabinet?
karlhungus
Dabbler

Please tell me you're kidding with that response?
I'm at work at the moment, won't be able to check until tonight. When I checked this morning, there didn't appear to be anything loose.
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Sorry if I've offended with my previous response.
I've drawn to this conclusion because of the output from the testing on your line:
"Openreach's modem at End User is not synchronised with the RDSLAM port." - It's quite feasible that a connection may have come loose. If we were to submit a Trouble Report to our suppliers, an engineer would be sent out, not something we would want to do there is a loose cable.
karlhungus
Dabbler

>> an engineer would be sent out
Where would they be sent? The Exchange / Cabinet?
Seeing as it was fine last night (before I went to bed), I think a loose cable is unlikely. I've seen lots of other messages on this forum with the same problem, were they loose cables?
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

The engineer would have been sent to the Cabinet.
Seeing as it was fine last night (before I went to bed), I think a loose cable is unlikely. I've seen lots of other messages on this forum with the same problem, were they loose cables?

No, but equally, they weren't reporting 'Not in Sync'. Historically there was a problem with timeouts which we have alleviated on our end so it's unlikely to be the same issue. You could potentially have a fault externally, but we're asking just to check from your end, to be sure before progressing to send out an engineer.
If you feel that it's definitely something external, you can raise a fault at http://faults.plus.net
karlhungus
Dabbler

No loose cables this morning; there is a ticket open, 83915791.
Paul
karlhungus
Dabbler

Have just got home and done the following:
Checked all cables - all are fine
Tried 2 spare Open reach modems - no good
Changed the DSL cable from master socket to modem - no good
Could someone please pick this up and run with it? See previous posts for ticket n mber thanks
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Thanks for getting back to us.
When is the earliest date you can be available for an engineers visit? I have a date on the notes when you spoke to Faris for next week, but wondered if you could be available this week at all?
BT operate Monday - Friday and offer appointment slots between 8am-1pm and 1pm-6pm.
NRV618
Grafter

Hi Chris,
I ended up with exactly the same issue (Concentrator not reachable) after the outage on Saturday, and am without internet still right now.  They have been running "tests" on my line for the last 2 and a half days now... is this normal.?
I have tried and done everything your colleagues have suggested without luck.  I just got off the phone and was told that it could yet be another 24 to 36 hours after I was told yesterday it would be another 24 hours.
Your help would be greatly appreciated..!
Cheers
Nelson
P.D. On a conversation with one of your colleagues he noticed that my Mum, to whom I had given one of my spare modems (without updating the modem with her PlusNet details "Still with my loggin details in it") had taken up my internet connection and that I needed to disconnect and update her modem with her details (Which I did).  Could it be that after the outage my Internet service was assigned to her  line instead of mine?Huh
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Nelson,
Sorry I haven't been able to respond to you in a timely fashion! Did you manage to get to the bottom of this?
pnb10

Hi, I no have the same Concentrator not reachable.
Could someone look into it please.
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Your connection was stuck on our end.
I've dropped it now and if you reboot the router you should connect
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
pnb10

Hi, thanks for the quick reply.
Will reboot the router tonight & see if it connects.
Starky96

Hello, I currently have the same issue of concentrator not reachable, I'm hoping it's just the same problem as the fellow above, something being stuck on your end. Would appreciate a look into this.