cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Computer says Yes to Fibre but installer says No

public
Dabbler

Computer says Yes to Fibre but installer says No

Have been waiting for Fibre to be ready in our area for ages. Finally, got confirmation that is what ready (typed in post code onto various links on the interent) so signed up to Plus Net Fibre only to find out that the cabinet was to far from the House so the strength was below 2MB so dropped out. Ironically, it was still quicker than ADSL but it wouldn't work.

The cabinet is 3.4 miles away so need a more local cabinet to get Fibre is thereanyway of finding out when that cabinet we finally get Fibre.

4 REPLIES 4
BenB
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 20

Re: Computer says Yes to Fibre but installer says No

Hi public,

Unfortunately with this circumstance there is nothing that we would be able to do as you can not be switched to a new cabinet as our suppliers will not perform this action.

spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Was the cabinet enabled as part of BT's commercial roll out or through BDUK funding? Raising the problem with your local council could be worthwhile, especially if it's the latter.

Are there nearby residents who will have similar problems or is your property isolated?

David
public
Dabbler

I believe it was part of the rollout by BT but the cabinet is to far away from my house. I was mislead as when you type in my post code and address into the various internet websites to see if I can get Fibre it says that I can. My other neighbours have the same problem.

spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

How many of your neighbours would be interested in getting viable fibre broadband?

It might be worth registering interest in a Community Partnership with Openreach. https://www.homeandwork.openreach.co.uk/OurNetwork/CommunityFibrePartnerships.aspx

David