cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Complete loss of service

ricke17
Grafter

Complete loss of service

There seems to be a major outage as my FTTC has gone down and the customer service line indicates a major incident and I cannot get to speak to anyone. Anyone else affected?
Fibre Broadband 80/20, Netgear D7000
56 REPLIES 56
darklight1
Grafter
Fixes: 1

Re: Complete loss of service

Tell me about its, been off and on this morning and I think it's just about died now.
jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 81

A service status message ws posted about 50 minutes ago on the service status page. I will copy/paste the post here to save anyone having to load another page on an already slow connection:

20/07/2016 @ 09:06

This is an update to the previous post regarding an issue affecting some customers causing them to be unable to access some online sites and services. Unfortunately we're receiving reports this morning of customers having similar problems.

Our engineers are investigating this issue and we'll provide an update later today.

Apologies for any inconvenience this may be causing.

Kind Regards,

Customer Support

Frontend Web Developer | www.plus.net

If you have an idea to improve the community, create a new topic on our Community Feedback board to start a discussion about your idea.

Trying
Dabbler

If that above message is so relevant... how come the customer support knew nothing about it 50 mins ago when I was speaking to them, and tried to fob me off with the old and tested fob off lines.
It might be modem
connect to main socket.
Your speed setting appears low, I will increase it for you.
etc

darklight1
Grafter

Some sites I can access, can't view this forum on my plusnet fttc connection so I'm on my 4g to post this, I can not use Google on plusnet dns had to use Google dns to use Google but still having problems with some sites even with google dns.
Andrue
Pro

Same here. Digital Spy was bad earlier but came back. Now Wikipedia has gone. There was another poster on DS saying that they were with BT and there were a lot of reports of various banking sites being down.

ricke17
Grafter

It's hit the news: BT Broadband users hit by fault
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-36844712
beeceegee
Pro
Fixes: 4

My FTTP is logged in and connected but can't actually browse anything. Mobile's Signal Box & InTouch app both not working, but emails seem to be getting through both ways
ricke17
Grafter

My Netgear router says I'm not connected yet can sporadically get email via gmail on Firefox. Cannot get any work done so switched off the lappy.
Phlash

Yep, it's very sporadic, some sites load but streaming and other activity subject to constant drops.  Tried running speedtest - after long delay, the test loaded via a site in the IOW (other side of country) suggesting DNS routing issues and local outtages, but then gave a reasonable PING, download of 28.00 (about average despite being on fibre extra) so mixed and frustrating experience.  

Trying
Dabbler

What an unfortunate time for this to happen.....
Please read the bit about 

Why are we making changes?

Plusnet Price and Product Change FAQ

On 1st September 2016 we'll be making some changes to our products and pricing – here's a handy FAQ that covers everything that's changing.

Why are we making changes?

Over the past year we've been working really hard to make improvements to our products and services that will make your experience as a Plusnet customer better than ever.

We've invested in our network to make it even more reliable, we've re-written and re-vamped all of our Help & Support content so it's even easier for you to find answers to your questions, and we've launched a new and improved Community site where you can talk to other Plusnet users and get tips and advice.

Most importantly of all, we've been investing in staff to make sure we're always available to answer your calls or chats at our UK call centres.

All this investment means that from time to time we have to make price increases so that we're able to continue providing you with an award-winning service.

Which services are affected?

The changes apply to Plusnet line rental, home phone packages and some broadband packages, as well as some of our call rates, service fees and early termination charges. They will come into effect from 1st September 2016, and you'll see the new pricing appear on your next bill from that date.

What changes are you making to line rental?

The price of our £16.99 a month line rental package will increase by £1 to £17.99 a month.

Line Rental Saver price freeze – save £30 a year*

Great news – the cost of our Line Rental Saver isn't changing, so you can sign up to save £30 a year. With Line Rental Saver you pay £185.88 in advance for 12 months line rental, which works out at the equivalent of £15.49 a month, compared to our new price of £17.99 a month.

What changes are you making to call plans?

For existing Plusnet customers, these are the changes we're making to our current paid for call plans:-

Current charge (per month) Charge (per month) from 1st September 2016
Evening & Weekends (if not included in your line rental) £3.00 £3.50
Anytime £6.00 £6.50

As of 1st September our Evening & Weekend and Anytime call plans will be changing, and for new customers will be replaced by these two new products:

Evening and Weekend UK & Mobile calls - £4.00 per month

Includes:

Evening and Weekend: Calls of up to an hour to UK landlines beginning with 01, 02, 03, 0845 and 0870 made Monday to Friday 19:00 to 7.00 and any time Saturday or Sunday (except calls to indirect access numbers (which include calling cards) and dial-up Internet access. Calls must be started and finished within these times to be inclusive (non-chargeable).

Mobile calls: Calls to UK mobile numbers made Monday-Friday 19:00-07:00 and anytime Saturday or Sunday Calls must be started and finished within these times to be inclusive (non-chargeable) Fair usage limit of 1,000 minutes applies. Hang up and re-dial before 60 minutes and you won't be charged.

Unlimited UK & Mobile Calls - £8.00 per month

Includes:

Anytime: Calls of up to an hour to UK landlines beginning with 01, 02, 03, 0845 and 0870 at any time (except calls to indirect access numbers (which include calling cards) and dial-up Internet access.

Mobile: Calls to UK mobile numbers at any time. Fair usage limit of 2,000 minutes applies. Hang up and re-dial before 60 minutes and you won't be charged.

If you're an existing Plusnet customer and would like to update your call plan to one of the new products, you can do so from 1st September.

What changes are you making to individual call charges?

Charges have gone up in-line with BT's new pricing for our call set-up fee (where applicable) and we're making calls to mobiles the same price as calls to landlines.

Current Charge Charge from 1stSeptember 2016
Call Set Up Fee 16p per call 19p per call
Landline 10p per minute 12.54p per minute
Mobile 13p per minute 12.54p per minute

What changes are you making to Broadband?

Unlimited Broadband only (broadband without home phone) will increase by £1 from £12.49 to £13.49 per month (otherwise from £19.99 to £20.99 per month for customers in non low-cost areas).

What other changes are you making?

The cost of sending an engineer to your property will increase from £50.00 to £65.00. Please note this fee is only charged in certain circumstances, such as if you miss the appointment, the engineer can't access your property or, in the case of faults, the fault is found to be within the bound of your property. To see the full details take a look at our T&Cs.

Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

@Trying

@Trying wrote:

If that above message is so relevant... how come the customer support knew nothing about it 50 mins ago when I was speaking to them, and tried to fob me off with the old and tested fob off lines.
It might be modem
connect to main socket.
Your speed setting appears low, I will increase it for you.
etc

Because they are always the last people to be told anything Crazy3 and the service status message makes no mention of the fact that there is a major BT outage Angry

jockwav
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Well i am now with BT & we are having problems getting onto some sites this morning.Shocked

https://www.flickr.com/photos/james_bingham/
rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

50% of sites don't load , forum times out 😕
Can't get any streaming sites to work, android works 👌
Call stats said 86 waiting wait time 20 mins, don't think I will bother with phoning
Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
Terranova667
Pro
Fixes: 5

Yeah seems a BT core network fault lies somewhere as it's effecting them as well,  one moment it works fine the next total shut down and no sites load can't play online because access to servers keeps dropping.