cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Complete Loss of Broadband

moose2029

Complete Loss of Broadband

Hi,

I have fibre broadband with plusnet, including a hub one router.

The connection has completely cut out tonight. I am getting a solid orange light on the front of the router, and a flashing b red light. I have attempted to reset several times, to access the router via home etc and have had no effect. Each time resetting or unplugging, it cycles through green, to blue to red, with no internet connection available at all.

I have raised an online ticket with plusnet and have got the following messages back:

"Thanks for reporting your broadband problem

Our tests have found a fault with your broadband service.

You've given us all the information we need about your problem, we'll raise this to our supplier for investigation.

A Ticket has been raised to our Faults Team to monitor the problem and we'll be in touch when we have an update for you. In the meantime:

1. Leave your equipment plugged in and powered up.
  2. Make sure you've given us a contact number we can reach you on (we'll keep you updated about your problem by text message).

If there's any change to the problem you're having please get in touch with us."

and

"The Question 155690490 has been released from hold and sent back to CSC - DSL Faults ADSL2 - No Sync

Your fault Ticket has now been taken off hold.

This has now been forwarded to the relevant support team. We will carry on investigating your problem and your open fault will be updated as soon as more information is available"

Can anyone tell me what this actually means? Is there an external problem with my broadband? I want to get it fixed as quickly as possible, is this something that I can manage myself?

I have attempted to call plusnet to find out what exactly this means, and have been given a call waiting time of 40+ minutes. Can anyone shed any light? I'm slightly losing the will. I am at work tomorrow, and will find it very difficult, if not impossible to accept calls. 

Thankyou

2 REPLIES 2
Gel
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 29

Re: Complete Loss of Broadband

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Re: Complete Loss of Broadband

Hi there,

The online troubleshooting process has detected a potential line fault which it has reported through to our suppliers automatically and it's raised a ticket on to your account for our faults team to pick up and work once we have more info.

I've checked the current status of the fault report with BT and I can see it's been passed over to Openreach yesterday for further investigation. I'd expect we'd receive an update within 72 hours.

Apologies for the inconvenience caused.

Anoush

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet