cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clarity on upload speeds on the "Unlimited Fibre (up to 38mbps)" package.

staley84
Grafter

Clarity on upload speeds on the "Unlimited Fibre (up to 38mbps)" package.

Hi,

I'm looking for some clarity on upload speeds on the "Unlimited Fibre (up to 38mbps)" package.

I am a 10 year + plusnet customer currently on ADSL and I'm looking to change to Unlimited Fibre (up to 38mbps) but I need some clarity on the upload speeds.

The "Change Your Broadband" screen in the account section of the website says "8Mb - 10Mb upload speed (estimated)". This was also confirmed by a plusnet sales representative about 5 minutes ago.

However, the forums have many threads of people complaining about being capped at 2Mb upload.

When I challenged the PlusNet sales representative, the response was 'You have 14 days to cancel". I'm waiting for a call back.

Can somebody help and provide some clarity on the upload speeds on the 'Unlimited Fibre' product?

Thanks

9 REPLIES 9
dannyboy75
Rising Star

Re: Clarity on upload speeds on the "Unlimited Fibre (up to 38mbps)" package.

The upload speed for Unlimited Fibre was 2mbps, however it's in the process of being changed back to 10mbps for existing UF customers. I believe any new UF customers would just go straight onto the 38/10 package now.

MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

Remember also that the figures you refer to are the maximum possible speeds.  What does https://www.dslchecker.bt.com/ say is predicted to be achievable for your line?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

staley84
Grafter

staley84
Grafter

You could be right... Just found this thread that suggests that the cap is being lifted:

https://community.plus.net/t5/Fibre-Broadband/Upload-Speed-Increase/td-p/1487034

dannyboy75
Rising Star

Some people have already been switched back to 38/10, so I'm sure as a new customer that's what you'd get from day one (providing your line can support it of course).

Browni
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 60

@staley84 that must have been old threads you have found as everybody that was on 2Mb upload should have been upgraded to up to 10Mb by the end of November. New customers go straight on to up to 10Mb.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Hi there.

If you decide to upgrade to Unlimited Fibre I can confirm you'll be provisioned on the wholesale product of 40/10 which depending on your line estimates you should be able to achieve an upstream sync rate of 10mbps.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
staley84
Grafter

@Gandalf Thanks very much for the confirmation... I'll proceed with my order...

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

No problems at all.

Let us know if you need any further help.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet