cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chromecast and Hub1?

wobbler909

Chromecast and Hub1?

Hello cant set up my version1 chromecast with the Hub1. Chromecast says it can't connect and to check if AP isolation is set on router... no setting for that in hub 1. anyone have a workaround? Sad the point of going to fibre was to allow for chromecast and a tablet streaming at the same time Sad
5 REPLIES 5
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Re: Chromecast and Hub1?

Try changing the Wireless network name/SSID for your 2.4GHz and 5GHz wireless networks so they are different. I don't think the v1 Chromecast is 5GHz compatible (although I could be wrong).

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

If you unselect the "Sync with 2.4 Ghz option", that should split up the networks automatically
This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
wobbler909

"If you unselect the "Sync with 2.4 Ghz option", that should split up the networks automatically"

Following that setting  chromecast setup reports "no chrome cast found on (hub name) and enquiring if it is set up correctly.
this worked with my former tp link AC1200 router, i was told i had to ditch ( despite it being fibre compatible ), when switching to plusnet fibre.
What is the sagem model number for this badge engineered device ?  So i can check it against the chromecast compatibility list.
Strike that last remark No sagem routers are listed at all...  
wobbler909

further up date un syncing the two bands of the wifi and then using wps at the same time as the chromecast setup app. seems to have sorted it it will check with the others in the household if they've lost connectivity.
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Quote from: wobbler909
... this worked with my former tp link AC1200 router, i was told i had to ditch ( despite it being fibre compatible ), when switching to plusnet fibre.

Assuming it has an integrated VDSL modem, then there's no reason why you can't continue using the TP-Link. We'd only be able to provide limited support for a device we haven't supplied though. As it happens I'm using a TP-Link device on my FTTC connection at home (Archer VR900).

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵