Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Check for over/high utilisation?

FIXED
santi
Rising Star

Re: Check for over/high utilisation?

Update: still no internet. This is getting worrying as I get closer to the end of my VM services (end of this month). Have been told it's due to a disconnection that requires a skilled engineer (estimated 26th but not 100%)

I hope I wont be charged for the days I don't have broadband or phone as my contract has already started with Plusnet.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,602

Update: still no internet. This is getting worrying as I get closer to the end of my VM services (end of this month). Have been told it's due to a disconnection that requires a skilled engineer (estimated 26th but not 100%)

It looks like we've chased this up and our suppliers have advised that additional work needs to be carried out at the cabinet and an engineer is due to work on this tomorrow.

I hope I wont be charged for the days I don't have broadband or phone as my contract has already started with Plusnet.

As your account has activated prematurely, I've raised a ticket internally to provide any necessary refunds when your order completes.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
santi
Rising Star

Keep me posted on the engineer status please.

Thank you Smiley

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

I've checked in with our suppliers and they've advised me due to engineer availability in your area the job is due to be allocated to a multi-skilled engineer on Monday. Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
santi
Rising Star

Is this date subject to be pushed back more or is it 100% booked for Monday. Not a great start to plusnet I must say..

Only reason why I ask is that my contract is due to end with virgin media soon, don't really want to push back the end date of that contract.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Sadly our suppliers always advise that the dates for engineers to complete work isn't guaranteed.

Fingers crossed your order is completed on Monday.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
santi
Rising Star

I understand the estimated fix date. I just hope that the engineer actually comes and takes a look at the problem on Monday. I also find it abit annoying as I see plenty people on my street with BT infinity etc all seem to be working fine. But for some reason my connection has an issue?

p.s I appreciate you have no control over openreach engineers just a tad annoying
santi
Rising Star

Any updates on this?

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Apologies for the delayed response. I'm chasing our suppliers for an update and I'll post back soon.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Looks like the job hasn't been picked up yet due to engineer availability.

It should be picked up today.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
santi
Rising Star

Hello,

The engineer connected me up today. Told me to contact you guys just to confirm everything is up and ready to go..
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

That's good to hear. As your account on our side activated a wee bit early there's nothing on our side stopping you from connecting to the internet and I can see you're online now:

As the orders aren't yet fully completed in our supplier systems our provisions team will monitor this and keep you posted.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
santi
Rising Star

Cheers for the update. Also just wanted to ask when the speed would settle for something faster. Currently on 34meg download, which is a tad slower than my minimum guarantee.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

No problems. As your orders haven't completed yet we can't test your line but you should be able to see the sync rate in your router settings. What's the data rate shown on the helpdesk tab when you go to http://192.168.1.254?

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
santi
Rising Star

6. Data rate: 7789 / 37894
7. Maximum data rate: 7789 / 37720
8. Noise margin: 6.1 / 5.9
9. Line attenuation: 28.5 / 20.3
10. Signal attenuation: 28.0 / 18.2

That's the details shown. p.s. I've signed up to the fibre extra (I believe 80meg/20meg) nothing on those stats are indicating I am on that service?