Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charges for engineer

FIXED
smithcomputers
Grafter
Fixes: 1

Charges for engineer

Could someone from support look at this charge please from ticket  #161598471 as open reach came to my premises to find a fault where every time the phone rang the fibre disconnected and every time you tried to ring out it disconnected, On arrival my fibre was off as I was in a call and the engineer saw this as it happened, he did some tests and took off the socket did some more tests and then reconnected everything back up and we tried using the phone again and again it took out the fibre. He went away to do more tests and when he returned 45 mins later we tried the phone and it worked but he did say it probably wasn't fixed as he thought there was a high resistance fault ?? somewhere and said if it continues it would need an underground engineer??. He then left, the fault still continues to this day every time it rains but I just gave up trying to get it fixed as I try not to use the phone as much as possible and use my mobile. That said please could you explain how they dare to make a charge to you to be passed onto me for a fault that is still present and which he told me it probably wasn't fixed and now says no fault was found. I find this totally unacceptable and would be grateful if you could chase this up with them as soon as possible before the charge is applied. Many thanks in advance for your help in this matter. Michael..

4 REPLIES 4
snadge
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 6

Re: Charges for engineer

i had this issue and the symptoms immediately say HR fault... but in my case it was also the Junction Box at the end of the street, it was on the side of someone's house and the engineers constantly going in and out of it werent putting it back safely, to the point that it was letting in water which shorts the wires when it rains and cause it to drop... we also had cackly line and dropouts which was also (supposedly) a HR fault in the line between our socket and the JB - weird how that developed a fault the same time a BT engineer screwed up the JB...

anyway - this is a BT fault an no charges should EVER be forwarded to you for this... even more so if the problem remains

I also had an engineer that wasnt qualified to go into the ducts after the JB, needed a UG engineer - when I was with SKY i had this issue and it took 3 months, 5 BT engineers (1 UG engineer and 1 REIN engineer) and 2 BT Broadband Engineers to fix it... my life was a living hell as i had to chase everyone all the time, it was like i was a project manager who was being constantly let down!! I complained to head office and got the phone line free for 1 year

best of luck anyway

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Fix

Hi Michael.

I'm very sorry to we've charged you for the engineer visit.

I've reviewed this with a couple of my colleagues and as the engineer report states that your line is too long to support faster speeds and your connection was and still is fairly intermittent, we've decided to waive the charge.

Apologies again that it was ever applied.

Line tests I've run now are passing and your connection in the last 18 days seems spot on:

Can you let us know if the problems return?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
smithcomputers
Grafter
Fixes: 1

Many thanks indeed that's much appreciated, my line is now very stable as long as I don't use the phone when the weather is wet! I am happy to do this to keep my broadband stable so a very happy man lol. I have been with PlusNet a few years now and have always been very satisfied with my service and support given by the staff so many thanks and keep it up. Hears to many more years with broadband, phone and TV from PlusNet.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

No problems at all Michael

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet