cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing to unlimited fibre - a good idea?

pluscomm

Changing to unlimited fibre - a good idea?

I am on the 40 GB fibre package and I have just been warned that I am approaching my limit.  I see that the unlimited package is cheaper but the upload speed will be about a quarter of the current value (7).  Will I notice much difference?  I don't game or video chat.  Thanks.
4 REPLIES 4
Terranova667
Pro
Fixes: 5

Re: Changing to unlimited fibre - a good idea?

Hi unless your uploading a ton like videos to youtube or uploading a lot to cloud services etc then no you wouldn't really notice a difference.
streaming, web browsing etc is all about download than upload, so if your happy going from a 7Mb upload to a 2Mb  upload and it's saving you money then go for it just be aware that you wouldn't get the upload back should you swap and need it at a later date as plusnet no longer offer higher than 2Mb on the 40Mb package. 

spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

If you do decide to upgrade to a current product,  and your phone is with Plusnet,  I suggest doing this through the  Customer Options Team. They may be able to offer a package deal which you find attractive.
David
David
shure
Grafter

If the Unlimited is cheaper then would the Extra be close to the price you are paying?  There's not a huge price difference between them (£5?).  If you are concerned maybe you could cut a deal to switch to that for no extra cost and you'd get the 20Gb upload speed?
Terranova667
Pro
Fixes: 5

@shure The Op cant' go to extra unless the Line shows it's capable of over 40Mb on the down  if he / she posts what their estimate range is and it shows the line is capable then that could be a option should they require more upload.
however plusnet only go by the lowest figure in the range  Roll_eyes so if the line is capable via the top of the range and the lowest figure says other wise then the plusnet system wont allow the OP to upgrade via regular means,  they could have it done manually if they argue the case as i did when i was wrongly downgraded after making a new deal.