Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changed to Fibre Extra - No increase in speed

RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

Re: Changed to Fibre Extra - No increase in speed

The Plusnet Current Line Speed is a nothing to do with the speed of your connection, it is an internal profile that historically PlusNet used to limit the maximum throughput on a connection. Since upgrading their network a few years ago it isn't actually used anymore, unless you have paid for a fixed IP address where it is still in use because of different network routing. So basically ignore it, you haven't got an over 70Mbps line.

Your speed tests for BT and PlusNet are very similar which is exactly what is to be expected. Your line has a connection speed of around 36Mbps.If PlusNet can't find any line faults that looks like the best speed you can get.Sad

Vandanfc

I appear to be having the same issues. I switched to the faster fibre connection last week. I also needed a new router so a new PN hub one was set up on sunday, but so far I have seen no speed increase. The router is connected directly to the main socket.  Could it also be that the exchange switch has not happened ?

Screen Shot 2019-09-19 at 10.14.10.png

frosty8
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

@RealAleMadrid, Thanks, when I signed up with BT just over 18 months ago i was getting 41Mbps throughput on infinity 1. This did slowly drop to the speed you mentioned over time even though I never had any dropped connections at the higher speed.

The maximum data rate on my line was 42203 when I joined Plusnet until I queried the speed and 'adjustments' were made which dropped that maximum data rate to 37500 which it is right now in the test socket on fibre extra.

I am about 150 metres from the cabinet.

Beyhive
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 44

Hi @frosty8,

I have updated the fault ticket. Please click here to view my response.

Let us know once you've replied back to the fault ticket please.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Faris
 Plusnet Help Team
Beyhive
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 44

Hi @Vandanfc,

I can see that you've managed to speak to one of our colleagues to address your broadband speed issue, who has put things in place to get this rectified.

Thank you for your patience.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Faris
 Plusnet Help Team
frosty8
Rising Star

@Beyhive 

Thanks for your reply, I've asked a couple of questions which you may or may not be able to answer.

Vandanfc

Yes thank you. They are having to process my order again as it never went through for some reason. Hopefully at some point in the next 48 hours I will get to see a difference.

MasterOfReality
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 57

Hi @frosty8 

I've updated the ticket with the cost for you. 

- @Vandanfc, thanks for letting us know, if we can be of further assistance then please do let us know. 

frosty8
Rising Star

Thank you @MasterOfReality , ouch.

frosty8
Rising Star

Oh dear, who has changed my current line speed ?

Someone at Plusnet, why ?

Tidied up.GIF

TeessideChris78
Hooked

I move from BT to PlusNet Unlimited Fibre Extra on August 28th but am getting exactly the same sync speeds I was with BT 50/17 but before that my sync speeds where 60/20 until an 'unknown issue' with BT pushed it down to 50/17, surely moving to PlusNet should have created a new profile\line instead of what just looks like the profile\line\problem been moved from one isp to another

Vandanfc

@Vandanfc wrote:

Yes thank you. They are having to process my order again as it never went through for some reason. Hopefully at some point in the next 48 hours I will get to see a difference.

Upgrade has now been carried out, so I am now getting in the 70+mbs. Thankyou.

Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Great to hear @Vandanfc,

Give us a shout on here if you need further assistance.

@TeessideChris78 I can see @RandallFlagg has this handled on another thread and it'll be picked up soon.

Thanks.

frosty8
Rising Star

BUMP , I also noticed that on a speedtest my ISP is showing BT but looking on Google they show Plusnet, maybe something has changed recently.

Mon night.GIF

Optimatts
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 19

Hi @frosty8,

The reason why Speedtest will be showing BT is likely because they have old records for the IP address previously. It's definitely ours.