Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change my Upload speed? Package change?

benfphillips
Grafter

Change my Upload speed? Package change?

Hi all,

So.. I have the package that limits your upload speed to, two mbit, however I wasn't aware of this! I'm sure it's nicely tucked away within the T&C's somewhere though.

I went for the slower download speed package due to the speed estimates on my line, however I would really like the faster upload speed as my line can support around 6mbit and I regularly upload gaming videos/streams. There doesn't seem to be an option under 'change my package' so if anyone could shed some light on this and how much it's likely to cost me I would appreciate it.

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

Re: Change my Upload speed? Package change?

If your download speed estimate is less than 40Mbps plusnet will not let you upgrade to fibre extra with the higher upload speed so you are stuck on 40/2. It's stupid but you have to move to an ISP that provides higher upload speeds.

rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

Exactly Stupid Crazy2 its about time Plusnet offered a middle of the road package 55/10 

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
benfphillips
Grafter

Thanks for the replies guys!

Awkward when your mobile phone upload speed is better than your fixed line broadband!

ccarmock
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

I have the same issue - PlusNet won't even respond on the issue.   They don't care about providing what the customers actually want.    The crazy thing is you are prepared to pay extra for the faster service even knowing it won't change your download speed but it will help upload - and they refuse - crazy - don't get why

Maybe Plusnet staff could actually tell us why they refuse this?