cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cease on my line - cancelled?!

c0dec
Grafter

Cease on my line - cancelled?!

So found out randomly that there was a cease on my broadband when using the BT Wholesale DSL Checker, which ive now just found out looks to be to do with Plusnet moving me to their new network? However I found this out a little late as I rung Plusnet yesterday who cancelled the cease, so I assume the two different people on the technical support desk aren't aware of this happening.

Will this cause me any problems going forward?

In partly related news, how can I tell if im on the 55/10 or 40/20 profile?

Cheers,

Dan

2 REPLIES 2
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Re: Cease on my line - cancelled?!

I'm not sure why they cancelled that to be honest. There's a big pink internal note on the top of your account advising the connection is/was in the process of moving to the new network.

I've passed feedback on to the advisors' manager regarding this.

It shouldn't cause you any problems, however your connection will remain on the old network for the time being.

In regards to the 40/20 55/10 question, you're on the legacy 80/20 fibre package, however your estimates are 32.4Mbps-44.4Mbps download and 6Mbps-8.2Mbps upload, so you you'll likely be receiving closer to 40/10 than the 80/20 the package will allow, due to the capability of the line.

I hope this clears things up Smiley

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
c0dec
Grafter

Re: Cease on my line - cancelled?!

Thanks for the info, I assume ill see another cease in due course then?

Oh totally forgot I was on the 80/20 package! I assume this won't be affected with the 55/10 move anyway then Smiley I did at one point sync closer to 50mbit so was nice to get abit extra over the old 40/20 but that seems to have dropped off over the last few months, happy to stay on the 80/20 though to save the hassle.