cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capped upload speed and intermittent dropped speeds on download

ahargest

Capped upload speed and intermittent dropped speeds on download

Exactly the same issue. Signed up and was getting 40/20 now capped to 2 in upload and ftp does not work on larger files. Now woken up to second day of no internet at all. It did start working yesterday.

I was told that I am on a 40/2 service ... Not what I signed up to and got very little help from customer service chat.

Sent me to troubleshooting and said there was no issue with my connection.

Also got told I could upgrade to 80/20 if I wanted to ....

Service is now not fit for purpose and changing my contract without notification is not on!

As a web designer the upload speed is not tolerable and spending 3 hours trying to get a 10mb file up on a server due to timeouts and slow upload is a joke.

I'm still paying the same amount for a cut down service ... Not a happy customer.

have raised a ticket ... But first contact was pretty useless.

I got told "you may have been getting 10+ on upload when you joined, you now get 2" ... Very helpful! Not.
6 REPLIES 6
Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 77

Re: Capped upload speed and intermittent dropped speeds on download

It depends on when you signed up, PN have not sold 40/20 since June/July last year, even though quite a few were provisioned on 40/20 rather than 40/2. Those on 40/20 before the date have been moved to 55/10.

ahargest

I was provisioned on 40/20 and now it's been dropped. I was then raised today to 50/10 and now dropped to 40/2 again ...

Starting to get extremely annoyed and angry about this.

I have a mixed message ticket saying I was on he wrong setting of 50/10 and it was dropped back to give me 40/2 ( which I had requested?) and then another saying it was changed to 50/10 after that ...

Now it's 40/2 on the router ...

Please someone at PlusNet HELP 😠
Chris-74

I've got the same problem on my home fibre broadband. I signed up in June last year for unlimited fibre and I still have three months of my contract on that account left - but in the last few weeks my upstream rate has been capped and I'm getting about 1.2Mb/s which makes uploading files incredibly difficult. I've got 2GB of images to upload and it just won't do it. Until recently I was getting 18Mb/s upstream and suddenly without warning I've been capped. I'm also paying £22.49 a month for this - which I understand is more than the current cost of their Unlimited Fibre extra product for new customers.

If I go to the upgrade options in my account it says this....

THIS IS YOUR CURRENT BROADBAND PACKAGE

Unlimited Fibre

£22.49
per month

• Unlimited Usage Allowance
  • 38Mb - 40Mb download speed (estimated)
  • 9Mb - 13Mb upload speed (estimated)
  • You've 3 months left of your 18 contract
  • Great if you regularly upload or stream HD TV and movies, or you're an online gamer

As i said before, until recently I was getting around 18Mb/s upload speeds and I'm happy with the downstream at around 35Mb/s.

They give me a choice to upgrade...

Unlimited Fibre Extra

£27.49
per month

• Unlimited Usage Allowance
  • 42Mb - 56Mb download speed (estimated)
  • 9Mb - 13Mb upload speed (estimated)
  • Change to this package and remain on your current 18 contract (3 months remaining)
  • Do more online with superfast broadband for all your internet usage, across a number of devices

- but this doesn't give me anything more than I'm supposed to have now. it's just more expensive.

It seems that Plus net have deliberately throttled my upstream speed to force me to upgrade my package to a product that is basically identical to the one I'm already paying for - yet 5 quid a month more expensive. I'm not sure that's entirely legal. is it?

St3
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 5

Theres a fair few customers with upload and download speed issues atm, this has been ongoing for a week or two maybe you are also affected by it or maybe you are affected by work they are doing > https://community.plus.net/t5/Service-Status/Planned-BT-Network-Maintenance-Week-commencing-12th-Sep...

Or maybe they did cap you Crazy2

SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

@Chris-74

If you were sold the upto 40/20 FTTC product then it should have been changed to up to 55/10 on 1st August. Get  on the phone or start a complaint at https://www.plus.net/help/legal/complaints-code-of-practice/

Further info on this thread about the change https://community.plus.net/t5/Fibre-Broadband/Is-this-a-mistake/m-p/1346053/

Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

@ahargest@Chris-74 - Sorry to see you're both currently capped at 40/2. Looking back through the accounts I believe you should be on 55/10. Leave this with me and I should be able to get that sorted within the next 24 hours.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet