Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capped /banded connection

vernon123
Grafter
Fixes: 1

Capped /banded connection

I have recently been enjoying a very good sync speed of high 60's / low 70's Mbps after an engineer switched me to a new line. However I had a brief period of instability the other day and it would now appear my line has been fixed to a rate of 59,998kbps.
Hoping someone from plusnet can pick this up and investigate.
5 REPLIES 5
Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Re: Capped /banded connection

Hi @vernon123,

Thanks for reaching out to us.

I'm sorry to hear your speed has diminished after this instability you saw, are you seeing this speed over a wired or wireless connection? Have you gone ahead with these troubleshooting steps?

Thanks.

vernon123
Grafter

Hi Mads,

It's the sync speed displayed by the router which has dropped. It appears to be fixed at 59,998kbps and never changes. Before it varied between high 60's and low 70's, even changing router settings does not alter this sync speed.
Optimatts
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 19

Hi there @vernon123, our testing isn't showing your current downstream sync. We can see the upload is at 20Mbps but according to our testing your download is 0Mbps, which is odd considering we can see you're using data.

Have you changed anything your side?

Have you perhaps double filtered your socket? (using a microfilter on an already pre filtered faceplate)

vernon123
Grafter

Hi, there's been no changes and it's definitely not double filtered, could this be caused by some sort of line fault?
Beyhive
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 44

Hi @vernon123,

I have escalated your account to the relevant people to check if the line is banded at the moment which we reckon it is. We will update you once we get an update from our colleagues at the Faults team.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Faris
 Plusnet Help Team