Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capped Upload speed?

JamesDaGames
Grafter
Fixes: 2

Capped Upload speed?

Hello everybody and thank you for taking the time to read this post.

Our household has Unlimited Fibre and we were initially looking at upgrading our package to Fibre Extra but cannot do that as our line doesn't support the faster speeds.

In conducting this research, however, I noticed this post from the Plusnet blog about faster upload speeds on the Unlimited Fibre package (up to 9.5 Mbps). however, after conducting a speed test, it appears that we are still capped on the old maximum upload speed and was wondering if the connection could get uncapped? I have checked the broadband DSL checker and have seen that the minimum upload we should get is 4.1 mpbs.

If you require anymore information please get in touch.

Thank you for reading and thank you in advance for any help that anyone can give.

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Personal information in attachment removed from a public forum.

3 REPLIES 3
EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Re: Capped Upload speed?

Hi @JamesDaGames,

I'm sorry to hear that your upload speed is low. Upon checking your line, I can see that you are still on the old 40/2 product. I'm very sorry that your line was missed when the upgrades to 40/10 were put through and I have passed on feedback so that this can be looked into further internally.

I've placed a modify order to move you onto the 40/10 package and this should complete within 48 hours. Please reboot your router if you don't see an increase in your upload speeds after this time. Your estimated upload speed will be 4.1-7.5mbps.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
JamesDaGames
Grafter
Fixes: 2

That is great, thank you very much for your help. Smiley

EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

No problem Smiley please don't hesitate to get back in touch if there's anything else that you'd like to discuss.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team