Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cant get online

FIXED
Tomra
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

Cant get online

Hi folks, I believe i've done all the basic stuff to sort my connection but I cant get online. BT openreach have been working in my street all week so I have had some downtime maybe an hour every other day or so. Today however I've not been able to get back online since 1pm. How can I check that I havent been disconnected from the exchange? 

6 REPLIES 6
Champnet
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 12

Re: Cant get online

Is your phone working normally ?

Tomra
Dabbler

Hey. I just plugged my landline in and checked. Defo doesn’t work. No tone. Doesn’t dial out and doesn’t receive calls. Tried on all phone connections and with/without filters/removing the router entirely etc. My thinking is openreach have done something. As I said they have interrupted my connection a few times but it usually comes back on after a few hours but that’s now been since 1pm today
Champnet
Aspiring Hero

That’s why you can’t get online. Openreach may be back to correct the problem but in the meantime log it as a fault with your phone supplier.

Tomra
Dabbler

My line is with Plusnet.
Champnet
Aspiring Hero

Log it as a fault with Plusnet, they can talk to people you can’t.

Tomra
Dabbler

Fix
I think there could be more to this. I can get access to google & YouTube but nothing else. My router has also defaulted to username “setup@plusdsl.net” I think my router has somehow become disassociated from my account. Can this be fixed with a remote fix to push a firmware update to the router. like most I’m working from home and would be grateful if it can be fixed ASAP.

Edit - I seen there was an option to disconnect and after doing that it allows you to Edit these details which fixed my problem