cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot place new order - plus net server returns 500 error.

Diggory
Dabbler

Cannot place new order - plus net server returns 500 error.

Hello,
I'm trying to place an order for fibre (and a new line) - but when I attempt to place the order the Plusnet site fails at the last stage with an 'internal error: 500'
I attempted to call Plusnet and place the order that way, but it turns out that they seem to use the web interface as well, so the (very helpful) guy on the other end of the phone got the same 500 error.  He tried again the next day and the day after, but always got the error.
Does anyone know how I can get my oder placed?
Thanks.
p.s. there is already a phone line at the location - but I need a new, separate one.
4 REPLIES 4
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Re: Cannot place new order - plus net server returns 500 error.

As far as I'm aware, our sales team should be able to work around that 500 error on the rare occasions that it pops up.
I've passed your (current) account details on to a colleague to give you a call to discuss this with you Wink
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
Diggory
Dabbler

Thanks!
jane1511

Was this ever resolved?
I am now having the exact same problem but have had conflicting advice from different Plusnet employees and am getting a bit fed up.
I tried to sign up for fibre online. Got the error message. Phoned up, concerned that the almost £200 payment had gone through for nothing.  Was reassured (falsely) by a Plusnet sales person that the payment woudln't have gone through.  Tried again 2x more.  
Then checked my bank account and £600 has been placed on hold.  
I've spent a total of 4 hours on the phone to my bank and Plusnet trying to get this sorted - my bank said that this is a fairly standard, simple process for Plusnet to release the hold, and it's usually only single employee companies who take the 48 hours it's so far taken for the hold to be released.  Plusnet however have told me they just wait for the hold to be released automatically - which would apparently, according to my bank, be halfway through next week.  So Plusnet have basically put £600 of my money on hold for no reason apart from the fact that they can't be bothered to un-hold it.  My bank gave me simple instructions to pass to them, along with the relevant banking authorisation codes, and said that only a "cowboy outfit" would fail to follow these instructions.  Plusnet apparently fall into this category as noone in billing, sales, or customer services was able to make head or tail of it.  Apparently the hold will be released automatically next week so they said they didn't see why I couldn't just wait.
Anyway, all of that is in the background, meanwhile I am still trying to place my order.
So today I phoned up and spoke to someone in sales, who said that this error message related to fibre broadband and that what I should do would be to order the regular ADSL broadband, and then phone up a few minutes later and ask for the order to be amended to fibre.
I phoned a few minutes later and asked for the order to be amended to fibre, exactly as instructed.
The person (Chris) to whom I just spoke, told me that he can't do this because it's impossible to amend the order until I have moved into the house.  This would apparently be the case whether I'd ordered it online, whether they'd ordered it... apparently noone can get around the server 500 error because there is a line already active in the property.
He assures me that in 2 weeks plus, when we move into this property, we will be able to change the order as soon as it activates.
This is completely different from what everyone else I've spoken to about the same issue has told me. Is anyone able to clarify?
Please bear in mind that I have spent hours trying to give Plusnet my custom over the past few days - I've never had it made so difficult!  I am trying very hard to be patient but am rather fed up.  You still have £600 in my current account on hold, too, bear in mind....
Any clues as to how the above issue was resolved would be really helpful. Thanks.
Diggory
Dabbler

Hi Jane,
Sorry to hear about your problems.
It worked out for me. They pretended that it was a normal adsl order, then changed it to a fibre order once OpenReach installed the line.
Alas there was some more fixing to be done after that. The speed wasn't right until they reset the profile as fibre instead of copper.  This took a day or so.
So, it worked, but took a fair amount of back and forth over tickets. Also OpenReach took ages to install the fibre bit.