cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot even stream one programme!

Pryorwelby

Cannot even stream one programme!

I have been with plusnet for 5+ years and have never had a problem. We have a fibre package for the max speed we can get (36mbps). It has been dropping out now for a few months. We are spending a fortune on mobile data as it is especially rubbish on our phones. I can understand it to a point when we are all at home and each on a device. But so often I can be home alone and streaming one episode on one single device and it lags and drops constantly! You cannot watch a whole episode of anything! It’s so frustrating. We have spoken to plusnet, and on doing a line test it shows at 27/28mbps. At one point they found our line was ‘banded’ and we hoped this being sorted would help but it didn’t. Has anyone experienced similar and does anyone have any ideas to resolve?
1 REPLY 1
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Re: Cannot even stream one programme!

Thanks for getting in touch @Pryorwelby 

I'm sorry to see you're experiencing speed problems. As you know our tests aren't showing any issues with the broadband signal coming into your router which leads me to ask are your devices all connecting over WiFi or do you have any which can be connected into your router using an ethernet cable? This would narrow down where the issue may lie.

If your connection is OK that using a wired connection, then it's likely the issue lies with the wireless signal and I'd recommend trying the steps Here and Here. If you're having problems using a wired connection, I'd be tempted to send you a new router to rule out the one you've had for a few years now to have developed a fault.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet