cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot connect router without cutting off phone!

FIXED
sylviesinc
Dabbler

Cannot connect router without cutting off phone!

Hi, I am at my wit's end. I moved from Suffolk to Cornwall on Friday 29th November and virtually took my Plusnet with me, only I had to start a new contract. The engineer did his thing before I moved in and everyone told me my service was up and running. The problem is, when I connect my router into the phone socket, my land line phone will not work. (and the router goes blue then flashing orange again) I get an error "line cord error. Please check" on my telephone and I have no mobile signal here, After much waiting, I spoke to several people and was told my move had "broken" something so I would have to start a new contract. I did this with a lovely helpful lady called Rachel Battersby. She said I would get yet another telephone number and Tom Walker did the admin while I was speaking to her. Tom then tried to phone me on my mobile, Missed call because it didn't ring. He sent me an email to say everything was up and running but nope, I still have the same telephone number and I have the same problem when I try to connect the router. I have bought a new splitter, a new filter and a new cable but nothing changes. I am lucky to have a nice neighbour who is allowing me to use his WiFi but I am seriously thinking of going somewhere else. Does anyone have any idea what the problem is?

5 REPLIES 5
OskarPapa
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 65

Re: Cannot connect router without cutting off phone!

Thank you for your post @sylviesinc.

We're sorry to hear of your connection woes.

On testing the line we have located a fault and will need to arrange for an engineer to attend to hopefully resolve the problem. Due to this, we've just sent you this ticket which we do need a response to. Simply click 'I need to add something' to be able to reply.

Once you've sent a response please let us know here so that we can progress the issue ASAP.

sylviesinc
Dabbler

Thank you. I booked an engineer visit for tomorrow afternoon.

RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Fix

Thanks @sylviesinc

I can see that this is confirmed on the ticket that my colleague linked in an earlier response as well - please let us know how you get on once the engineer has attended.

Best wishes

Dave

sylviesinc
Dabbler

The engineer connected my internet and everything seems fine now. He could not get my home phone to ring on an incoming call so it appears to have developed a fault during my home move. I am without a home phone but Amazon (where I bought the phone) are sending me a replacement. Thank you.

TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Hi @sylviesinc,

I'm glad to hear the engineer has come out and the internet now seems to be working fine. If there's any problem with the new phone once you receive it then please don't hesitate to get back in touch and we'll be happy to run further testing on the line.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team