I cannot connect to the Internet, this is a new fibre broadband service from plusnet (activated this week) with new router. The router is switched on and shows a blue light (ie internet OK) but trying to go to a website redirects to the router setup page or gives an ERR_CONNECTION_RESET error.
I noticed the broadband username is firstname.lastname@example.org, not my username
I have tried power cycle, factory reset but still not working
Can anyone help please?
Fixed! Go to the fix.
Sorry to hear your connection isn't working.
I've tested your line and it appears that your routers stuck in its automated setup.
Can you try carrying out the steps below to see if they get you online?
1) Open a browser
2) Enter 192.168.1.254 into the address bar
3) On the router's home screen, select 'Settings'
4) Enter the password. This is the 'Admin Password for Hub Manager' on the removable card on the rear of the router (it can also be found on the base of the router)Within the 'Settings' menu, select the 'Broadband' tab or 'Enter your broadband username and password'
5) On the following page, you must enter the broadband username and password (There is a 'show characters option on this page if you are struggling with entering the password)
6) Click the 'Connect' button. The power light should turn blue to indicate that there is an internet connection.
Let us know how you get on
Re: Cannot connect - directed to router setup page
I am pleased to hear everything has now been resolved.
Should you require any further assistance, please do get back in touch with us.