cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot connect, but DSL light on?

JagoTom

Re: Cannot connect, but DSL light on?

Thanks for the quick reply buntrob.
I guess I'll just have to monitor the link you posted and cross my fingers it get sorted soon.
@tim are you having the same trouble?
TimStephenson
Grafter

@JagoTom sounds pretty similar - router has steady sync on FTTC, but can't get a PPP session running.
Lots of CHAP authentication failures being logged, but not much else.
Some sort of PN update would be handy but news doesn't seem forthcoming.
danny

I'm off as well  and I suppose if past experience is to go by that will remain the same until Monday morning! Poor show Plusnet.
TimStephenson
Grafter

Kind of reassuring it's not just us.. Had just updated the router firmware before it died - spent most of half an hour assuming that'd broken something & resetting settings!
Hopefully PN are considering this a major outage & working on getting it sorted. Would be rather useful if someone thought about communicating that to the customers however, or managed to get around to posting the promised 20:00 update.
http://portal.plus.net/supportpages.html?a=2&support_action=messages&ispservice_id=connectivity
JagoTom

Yes I thought it was problem my end as well, I only hope I haven't messed with the router settings too much!!
damoxuk

Same here, got disconnected can't get back on just authenticate error.
Hopefully fix soon too many problems with plusnet fibre since getting it.
skydemon
Grafter

lol just done the same here thought it was my end only just lost it though @ 10.55pm router going through the connection cycle.
While I am here what's your policy on existing customers who's contract is ending getting discounts like new customers do ?
jmcgarrigle
Grafter

Soo.. how's that 20:00 update coming along then plusnet? Pretty poor communications around what is essentially a fairly major outage...
thesawdust
Grafter

Are those suffering using Dynamic or Static IP?
damoxuk

Maybe they all gone sleep lol.
Mine's a dynamic IP.
jmcgarrigle
Grafter

The problem appears to be in establishing a PPP connection. This happens way before IP allocation.
thesawdust
Grafter

they had an IP before it got stuck? Wonder if they are on the same range  Shocked
damoxuk

Surely this can easily be diagnosed at there end? That's if anyone is really looking into it. Looks to be one or more of there authenticate servers is throwing a wobbly.
chris73

Quote from: damoxuk
Surely this can easily be diagnosed at there end? That's if anyone is really looking into it. Looks to be one or more of there authenticate servers is throwing a wobbly.

I can't imagine anybody will be working on this at midnight on a Friday night / Saturday Morning, since the promised update never appeared at 8pm, I guess they all went home hours ago.
skydemon
Grafter

Dynamic sorry for the delay but I have no internet  Grin