Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot access multiple sites and services through plus.net

FIXED
icabod
Fixes: 1

Cannot access multiple sites and services through plus.net

Hi.

Recently I've been experiencing some odd issues connecting to some websites. The issues appear to be related to the plus-net connection...

1. I have been unable to access https://www.indiegala.com/ - a site I visit daily.  If I enable a VPN to connect from "outside" of plus-net, I am able to connect with no issues.
  2. I have email hosting elsewhere, but for the last week or so I have been unable to access the spam settings at https://www.strikemail.co.uk/ - it gets an ERR_SSL_VERSION_OR_CIPHER_MISMATCH. However, if I disable SafeGuard I am able to access the site.

The second of these is certainly a plus-net issue (perhaps a change in SafeGuard?).  The first issue I am still trying to diagnose whether it is an issue with my router or connection.

My connections have been slow, even connecting to plus.net - again, unless I connect using a VPN.

Other connection issues are possibly related but harder to find information - my TV has had issues connecting to Amazon Prime Video, some of my games have had issues connecting to servers.

Nothing appears to have changed on my side.

Regards,

RobC.

5 REPLIES 5
BD
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 86

Re: Cannot access multiple sites and services through plus.net

Hi @icabod and welcome to the Community Forums.
I'm sorry to hear you've had issues when trying to access a few sites as of recent and I too believe this could be related to safeguard and it flagging the site you're trying to get to incorrectly perhaps. I'd advise then firstly to log into your member center and turn the safeguard I can currently see active off and back on and see if this allows you to access the above sites. If not then I'd next recommend perhaps adding the above addresses to the allowed list on your Safeguard settings.
Safeguard settings can be adjust here. Let us know how it goes.

icabod

Fix

Hi.

Sorry, I've had a poorly child so wasn't able to try anything until now.

I've checked my router for firmware upgrades (there weren't any), and have rebooted it a couple of times, and now the main issue appears to be resolved - maybe my router had got into an odd state.

The issue of getting to strikemail.co.uk is definitely a problem with SafeGuard... I guess something has changed in the SafeGuard configurations to stop it working (as mentioned, I was getting an ERR_SSL_VERSION_OR_CIPHER_MISMATCH error when connecting for the last week or so).

I have added that site to the whitelist and it seems to have resolved it for now.

Thanks, RobC.

Optimatts
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 19

That's great to hear @icabod

Thanks for letting us know Smiley

Suarez
Rising Star

I think I've been having the same issues. Just started a thread about it.
Optimatts
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 19

Hi @Suarez

Looks like it's sorted from your response on your thread.

Get back us there if you have any further problems.