Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot Open Ticket

OldRaft
Grafter

Cannot Open Ticket

Hi all,

On 30th April 2021 I called tech support and opened a ticket, I didn't get to respond to the Email until today 4th May 2021.

I now find that I can't open the ticket and get the following...

--------------------------------

Help Assistant

We're sorry, but you can no longer ask a question through the Help Assistant.

We've made it quicker and easier to get the answers online for all the topics listed below.

-----------------------------------

As I specifically asked if  ticket would be opened (Yes) the fact that the Email  response "Your Speed Fault" didn't include a ticket number and the link to a ticket brought the above response at this web ref 

https://www.plus.net/wizard/

means I can't respond to a ticket, is this normal or acceptable and does it mean that I have to call again as they didn't response to my question on if my line was speed limited JUST above the contract limit and where I have lost 25% of the speed I have had for years until a fault in late March 2021.  

Regards...

6 REPLIES 6
RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

Re: Cannot Open Ticket

@OldRaft  Try this link it should get you to any open and closed qustions, why have Plusnet messed up the ticket system so badly.

https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=search 

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 254

@RealAleMadrid wrote:

why have Plusnet messed up the ticket system so badly.

Because they regard customers as an inconvenience, and removing all help and support avenues is a sure way of getting rid of them.

John
OldRaft
Grafter

Thanks for that I can now see (the?) ticket(s)  (but not respond to as they are closed)  for 30th April but there are three when I only made one call...

So we have TWO for the day I called (not one) and an EXTRA one for yesterday 3rd May but all closed so I can't respond and have to make yet another phone call.

Date raised Question ID Type Options
3 May 2021 Service Notice
30 Apr 2021 Service Notice
30 Apr 2021 Question
8 Apr 2021 Service Notice
8 Apr 2021 Service Notice

The call was about my artificially capped speed of  32 Mbps when for years I had 42 Mbps until a problems with a "BT" circuit or connection or something caused several resets a day.

So why Plusnet is my line capped at 25% less speed than I used to get, I know that around 32 Mbps is the limit at which I can cancel without penalty it just seems odd that in general in a world where broadband circuits are improving my speed has been artificially reduced to JUST ABOVE the contract limit.

The actual achievable speed is quoted as "

Your estimated line speed range is from 31Mbps - 50Mbps,

I have read numerous tickets where the speed has been limited and has been fixed by some form of reset.

An Email to the maker of my modem (which allows me to look at the "Rate"  and "Attainable rate" got this reply...... (39,999 being the rate I get very day when I check the speed) 

------------------------------------------

If every time you re-sync the line and it always shows 39,999, (Rate) and before the issues started to occur it was always a higher sync rate 49,791, this means either of the following

1. ISP has capped your sync speeds for some reason
2. DLM has capped your sync speeds for some reason

I think you might need to check with your ISP to why the sync speeds might be capped (the sync speeds on the VDSL connection should not be capped by the router)

----------------------------------------------

The above response was why I raised the ticket on 30th April, to which I have not received a response, but a bit like making it difficult to access tickets and closing them before I have time to put a note in them, not answering the actual question that a lot of people ask seem to be a stalling tactic? 

For only slightly cash more I can now get 350 Mbps from VM who have a cable right outside the door.  As the time to the end of my contract draws nearer the temptation to get much higher speeds (which in some cases are guaranteed)  is more and more tempting. 

jab1
Legend

Without  giving any personal info away - what do those two 'service notices say - especially the one dated 30th April - and what, if any response did PN make on the 'Question'?

John
OldRaft
Grafter

The first ticket had detail the second and third just had boilerplate text about measuring speed using wired connections etc.

The first is rather long and would take half an hour of editing to be able to post here, basically 

Ticket open for 14 days so I could respond (haha) 

Dates for start and end of period allowing cancellation, conveniently opened 30/4 and closed 3/5th 

etc.

NO MENTION of the capping and request to look at this, their obfuscation is simply you are getting (just) above the contract speed so that's it.

Cancellation coming up, now I have to work out what I will do with all my spare time I'm not checking my speed and booking tickets for phone noise and dropped up or download speeds.

I'm sure all the not quite answered questions, connecting you to tech support when you want to make a complaint etc.  are just delaying tactics and ways to avoid you being able to leave without penalty. Plus of course closing tickets preventing you from responding. 

With existing VM service outside (and running new cables, assumed fibre not coax) and Openreach just running ducts for cables right outside too (which will be available to third parties) there will be plenty of competition for fibre very soon and PN will be at the back of the queue. 

Regards and thanks for the previous posts allowing me to access the closed tickets. 

jab1
Legend

Apart from the fact that a ticket opened on the 30/4 should not close until 14/5, so must have had manual intervention, this sounds like standard PN customer 'support' these days. So glad I won't be here very much longer.

John