Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancellation only option?

MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Re: Cancellation only option?

Thanks for speaking with me OP. Let me know how everything gets on tomorrow Smiley
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

For the forums, it's something we've already been alerted to and there's a fix incoming.
NorthEasterner
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Glad to hear it *thumbs up*
NE
Ex Plusnet Fibre customer. Sky Ultrafast (G.Fast) Customer using a Sky Hub 4.2. If you wish to say thanks, please click the thumbs up Thumbs_Up
rsd
Grafter

An update and response to comments:
- Yes, I can see that a engineer is not 'necessary', but it was an aspect of the switchover service that is detailed on the PN website, during the order process (ability to get an extension) and in the confirmation emails. As such it was part of my decision process to select PN as the provider (an opportunity to check the master socket and internal cabling is correct, and to get an extension).
- If the answer is that PN don't offer this, then its more than the confirmation email that needs changing, the broadband FAQs and order process need changing too.
However, back to my issue.... Matthew just called and an engineer is coming tomorrow AM. The outcome I was looking for, and very grateful for getting this sorted. Assuming that the engineer will show up (and no reason not to), and the service works (no reason not to), the cooling-off cancellation can be revoked.
i.e. sounds like its all sorted and I can become a happy customer (hopefully) and get back to my real life rather than worry about broadband.
There is of course an important observation.... if the initial customer service call I made yesterday had someone as helpful as Matthew on it, then I would have saved many hours of hassle/stress, but so would PN - economically there has to be an argument to sort out customer problems first time.
Anyway, thanks again.
PeterLoftus
Pro
Fixes: 5

So on to the next issue
Be aware that BTOR have narrowly defined job definitions and the engineer who attends will probably not be trained or inclined to undertake problem solving as per your OP. Hopefully he will be skilled in fixing extensions but it has been known......... Huh
To do is to be - Neitzsche
To be is to do - Kant
do be do be do - Sinatra
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Theoretically it should still be ok, as ourselves and OR we have guidelines to situations similar to OP's.
We'll see tomorrow anyway  Lips_are_sealed
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I think this got resolved for you. Though I'm hoping for confirmation from OP?