cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you increase my ip profile please

cafs917
Hooked

Can you increase my ip profile please

I had a line issue (noisy line) which caused my IP Profile (and sync) to drop gradually over the past few months

I have now (hopefully) resolved the line noise problem, and my sync speed has increased significantly , however, my IP Profile is still much lower than it was, I used to have 66mb coming into my router now its 51mb

Can you please increase my IP profile, so that I can get the full speed from my Fibre connection...

Many thanks!

23 REPLIES 23
mort7890
Pro
Fixes: 4

Re: Can you increase my ip profile please

Just wondered how you got your IP Profile as I have been trying recently to find mine and the BT Wholesale Test site does not show the advanced button which used to allow the profile to be seen. Also as my router is now showing an increase and my speed has slightly increased I want to check to see if my profile has increased.

Download Speed (Mbps): 46.29

Upload Speed (Mbps) : 12.46

Ping Latency (ms): 22

Line state: Connected
Connection time: 19 days, 12:23:05
Downstream: 48.94 Mbps
Upstream: 13.82 Mbps

Beyhive
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 44

Hi @cafs917,

I have checked your connection and I can see that your profile has not been capped and your line is running at 51.7Mbps which is within your line estimates of between 35Mbps and 52.1Mbps.

Test Outcome Pass
Test Outcome Code GTC_FTTC_SERVICE_0000
Description GEA service test completed and no fault found .
Main Fault Location OK
Sync Status In Sync
Downstream Speed 51.7 Mbps
Upstream Speed 9.8 Mbps
Appointment Required N
Fault Report Advised N
NTE Power Status PowerOn
Voice Line Test Result Pass
Bridge Tap Not Detected
Radio Frequency Ingress Not Detected
Repetitive Electrical Impulse Noise Not Detected
Cross Talk Not Detected
Estimated Line Length In Metres 840.5
Upstream Rate Assessment Very Good
Downstream Rate Assessment Very Good
Interference Pattern Regular Interference Observed Daily
Service Impact No Impact Observed
Interference Duration Longest Occurrence From18:00to00:00
Interference Location Customer Premise
Interference Observed In Days 4
Home Wiring Problem Not Detected
Downstream Policing Discard Rate 0.0
Customer Traffic Level Upstream and Downstream Traffic Detected
Technology VDSL
Current 15Min Bin Retrains 0
Last 15Min Bin Retrains 0
DP Type External
Profile Name 0.128M-80M Downstream, Retransmission Low - 0.128M-20M Upstream, Error Protection Off
Time Stamp 2019-12-27T09:45:00
Parameters MIN MAX AVG
Down Stream Line Rate 51.7 Mbps 51.7 Mbps 51.7 Mbps
Up Stream Line Rate 9.8 Mbps 9.8 Mbps 9.8 Mbps
Up Time 900.0 Sec 900.0 Sec 900.0 Sec
Retrains 0.0 0.0 0.0
Current and Last 15 Minute Bin Performance
Parameters Last Traffic Count(Upto 15 mins) Current Traffic Count(Upto 15 mins)
Start Time Stamp 2019-12-30T13:36:53Z 2019-12-30T13:51:53Z
Ingress Code Violation 6 0
Egress Code Violation 0 0
Errored Seconds 0 0
Severely Errored Seconds 0 0
Unavailable Seconds 0 0
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Faris
 Plusnet Help Team
mort7890
Pro

Still not telling me how to find my profile

idonno
Champion
Fixes: 6

@mort7890 Without getting too technical I find the dslchecker a good place to start - "Observed speeds" shows most of what you probably need to know i.e. download and up load speeds as seen by the system and on what date. e.g.

Observed Speeds

VDSL

Max Observed Downstream Speed (Mbps) 79.76          
Max Upstream Observed Speed (Mbps) 20          
Observed Date 2019-12-31

Ever helpful. Grin Sure, I’d love to help you out. Now which way did you come in?
mort7890
Pro

Does not tell what the IP Profile is set at

idonno
Champion
Fixes: 6

As I mentioned, quick and easy way to see what your line is performing like. Just compare what is observed at the bottom to what you expect to get (at the top)

Featured Products

Downstream Line Rate(Mbps)

Upstream Line Rate(Mbps)

Downstream Handback Threshold(Mbps)

WBC FTTC Availability Date

WBC SOGEA Availability Date

Left in Jumper

High Low High Low        
VDSL Range A (Clean) 80 72.5 20 19 67 Available Available --  
VDSL Range B (Impacted) 80 71.3 20 19 65.5 Available Available --  

i.e. with my line I know I'm not banded (been there) etc. If you need more info you usually have to go digging in the router stats or get PN to run some tests - which will probably include such things as SNR numbers details. Not something I lose sleep over..

Ever helpful. Grin Sure, I’d love to help you out. Now which way did you come in?
cafs917
Hooked

Hi thanks for the help, i used to get between 60-65Mbps until one weekend when i downloaded a game (Forza Horizon 4, 80GB) then a windows update did something and i had to reinstall windows which meant downloading the same game again, That's the reason i thought my line had been capped and slowed to 54Mbps 2 weeks ago and 51Mbps now, I've also just had an engineer here and theres no problem here. So just wondering if anyone knew why this would happen.

Thanks

cafs917
Hooked

Just a few more details i forgot sorry, I've also added my dsl stats, i noticed on the stats that my Interleave Depth is 8, 2 weeks ago it was 4 does that make a difference also before the problems, my ping was 12 - 15 now its at 18, all 3 of us mainly do Online Gaming or Streaming sorry to go on just trying to get best we can.

Thanks in advance for all your help 

RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Hi @cafs917

Thanks for the additional information.

As my colleague has confirmed, the estimate for your line is up to 52mb/s and there are no factors which are influencing the speed of your connection from our side.

If your speed drops below 32mb/s on a wired connection, please let us know - at this stage we're unable to take any further steps as your line is performing as we'd expect.

Thanks

Dave

mort7890
Pro

But where do you obtain the IP profile for the line from as it appears BT have removed the advanced tab on the test site

mort7890
Pro

But where do you obtain the IP profile for the line from as it appears BT have removed the advanced tab on the test site, soory unable to add the second screen shot regarding dsl check

RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

I have had trouble with the BT speed checker recently, the further diagnostics button would appear but the test never completed. Now it doesn't show up at all.

On Think Broadband forum I found this link to the further diagnostics page http://www.speedtest.btwholesale.com/PerformanceTesterWS/diagnostics.do 

It seems to work, but the speeds are often completely wrong for my line, however it does display the IP profile.😁

Edit

I just tried it, nonsense speeds of 6.14Mbps down, should be 60Mbps +, impossible upload of  27.65Mbps. IP profile 66.42Mbps which is lower than it should be at just under 86% of sync speed, but that is a consequence of G.Inp with retransmission high. There are threads about this on the forum but no explanation from PlusNet.

mort7890
Pro

hi @RealAleMadrid @RandallFlagg 

Thanks for that and yes complete nonsense speeds but as PN only work on the results of BT then you thing they would address the situation

cafs917
Hooked

I think i know why i'm not believed i've had 2 accounts over the last 2 years and a 30 Day gap in between. I first started my acc with PN in Feb 2018 from the same address with the same line, but different Account Number. The reason for this was i was offered a cheaper service by another isp and left PN in Feb 2019 but i wasn't happy with the new isp (in 30 Days) so i came back to PN and but had to make a new Account which is the one i have now so i asked at the time if i would get the same speeds as before and i was told YES so i jumped at the chance and signed up for an 18 Month Contract, This has been going on for 10 months now and to be honest it has been getting me down that it seem that anyone at PN doesnt believe i used to at least 10Mbps more than what it says i can have now.

The Speedtests I did were on Speedguide.net and i will PM you my Username and Password for that site if you like so you can see them all. Please dont think i'm being funny i'm offering my details as proof but mainly hoping that someone will help me get what i had before and was Promised. Please say you'll have a look  and send i'll you my details for speedguide asap.

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Post released from Spam Filter.

P.s The Line i had for the first 12 months was the most stable internet i'd ever had i should never have left for the 30 Days.

Regards