cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't start service - line issue

drvas
Hooked

Can't start service - line issue

My new broadband from plusnet connected on 17th. Today is 25th and all it does it just blinks red on orange which will haunt me forever as nothing functions in the house without internet and i can't work and i have to wait another 3 days for engineer to turn up. That's all they were able to do. I regret i switched.
Now i am waiting for an engineer to come in 3 days "to exchange or green box" and fix the connection. My question is: if the problem is at exchange, why am I waiting at the house for an "engineer"? And why on Earth there is connection problem if i switched over from other provider same day as plusnet sent me a message that I can connect a new router? Everything should work. Also, router connects and gives me the blue light after every reset ! But it lasts only 10 seconds and starts blinking again. Is it a connection problem when it actually connects?
12 REPLIES 12
cOmp
Rising Star

Re: Can't start service - line issue

Did you switch from another ISP that provided you with FTTC using OR infrastructure?
Yorkshire and Proud. Embarrassed to be with Plusnet.
ecrTech
Grafter

Hi do you have double BT sockets? If yes, don’t use the microfilter as it will not let you through, connect your hub directly to the socket.

drvas
Hooked

Switched from shell which uses talk talk
Thank you
drvas
Hooked

Single socket I am afraid.
ecrTech
Grafter

Try the old filter and re-check your user name and password

And see if your old router can do the job 😉

Thrall
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 23

Lots can go wrong with a transfer between providers especially from an LLU such as TalkTalk since an engineer would be needed to move your line off TalkTalk’s equipment and onto BT equipment. 

drvas
Hooked

That is the whole point of my complaint! The engineer has done the job on the 17th and plusnet confirmed that the line is switched. But it doesn't work.
drvas
Hooked

Tried the old filter. The old router is from another provider with different password and username. I can't use that.
ecrTech
Grafter

Ok reset your hub, there is a reset switch on the back of the Hub use your mobile tray key hold it pressed for 10 sec hub should restart, than go to this link http://192.168.1.254 on settings use the password on the back of the hub, than go to this link Enter your Broadband username and password and type your user name and password that you created with PlusNet and see how it goes.

drvas
Hooked

Thanks ecrTech but I've done that before and again after entering admin password it takes me back to troubleshooter which doesn't do anything as there is a connection issue.
drvas
Hooked

9 days later after the visit of OPENREACH guy, i am online!
Yes, the problem was in the green box.
ecrTech
Grafter

Hop you stay online 😉