cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't connect to some sites this morning

deadman2020
Grafter

Can't connect to some sites this morning

Cannot connect to reddit, disconnect, qwant, duckduckgo amongst others. Tried changing the DNS and flushing it then rebooting and also tried rebooting the router. I can do a speedtest and get great stats. I am getting timeouts on a lot of sites though. Even getting to this site is a bit flaky.

Anyone else having issues?

9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Can't connect to some sites this morning

@deadman2020 - This appears to be a recurring theme this morning. If you can change your DNS to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4. (Google's) this this should resolve your issue. You can do this in your router so it will change for every device on your network assuming you're using DHCP.

deadman2020
Grafter

I had originally tried that but with no success. I kept getting a dns probe config error in chrome but after resettting my tcp stack, resetting my routers manual internet settings and refreshing my Kaspersky all seems well again so must have been an issue my end for some reason.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Having changed the DNS on the router you would either have needed to restart your PC or at minimum the Network Connection on the PC so it could get details of the new server. But at least you have it working, that's always good news.

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

We’re investigating a potential problem where some customers may be having problems accessing websites or online services.

We'll provide updates when available Here

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
legume
Rising Star

If anything 8.8.8.8 is worse than the roots for me.

Somethings up anyway, this site is taking ages to show a page - seems to block for sometime waiting for a lookup on

cdn.tt.omtrdc.net

sites that work and get a good lookup may still apparently fail because their pages are waiting on some other site lookup 😞

legume
Rising Star

Hmm,so it seems 8.8.4.4 is working a lot better 8.8.8.8 seems to have disappeared  for me.

johnsemple123
Grafter

Gee how long does it take to fix a fault? still not working here right

legume
Rising Star

Seems to be fixed now

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Sorry about the outage there

I hope everyone is back online

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet