cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't connect to internet with P/N IP Address

buseng12
Grafter

Can't connect to internet with P/N IP Address

I suddenly have network problems with my Windows 10 PC. It was ok yesterday, but started when I booted up this morning. It is connected by ethernet cable. When I hover over the network icon in the taskbar it says the network name & INTERNET ACCESS! However when I try to go on line it won't connect to any internet sites, this happens with both Chrome & Edge so I don't think it is a browser issue. I have rebooted the router & ran the ipconfig commands to no avail. All my other devices haven't an issue, only my main desktop PC. Now this is the stupid thing, I have a programme that enables me to "spoof" my IP address from the P/N allocated one which starts with 143. When I run this (it gives me a UK Manchester one starting with 37) everything works ok! The upshot is that my PC won't allow me to connect to the internet using the P/N IP address (despite telling me otherwise), but allows the "spoofed one". It seems something is blocking (in the adaptor settings?) my ISP IP address. Yet, as I said, the P/N IP works on all the other devices. I have also tried disabling my anti virus & firewall, still no difference.