cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't connect to corporate VPN since Wednesday (Check Point VPN-1 SecureClient)

Papa704

Can't connect to corporate VPN since Wednesday (Check Point VPN-1 SecureClient)

Hi All,
I connect to work via a laptop wired direct to router (ASUS RT-66U), this has worked for the past 2+ years. I've not changed anything and highly doubt work has. Now when I try to connect it just hangs at
Connecting to gateway..
Gateway not responding
Connection failed
Any ideas? I've checked my firewall settings on the portal and changed it from Off to Low, no difference. I rebooted router before and after, rebooted Laptop, 'repair'ed the connection on Windows XP(!) but still no joy.
Has PlusNet made some change, or is there anything else I can try before opening a ticket?
Many thanks for any pointers,
Pap
7 REPLIES 7
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Re: Can't connect to corporate VPN since Wednesday (Check Point VPN-1 SecureClient)

Have you contacted your IT Support department for them to raise a ticket with Check Point?
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

Re: Can't connect to corporate VPN since Wednesday (Check Point VPN-1 SecureClient)

Hi Matthew,
There have been Plusnet problems with VPN's that Bob Pullen has been working on.
See this thread  http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,149066.0/topicseen.html
M

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Papa704

Hi All,
@Matthew Wheeler
No I can't see it being that. It's an old laptop with Windows XP that's not had any updates for years, all it does is connect to the corporate network and I use it for remote desktop to get on servers. It's fully locked down i.e. it only connects to the corporate domain. I can see it's LAN IP from my router but that's about it.
I've queried my IT dept. in case they've made a change, but it's highly unlikely. The same system is used to support thousands of work from home staff for a major customer, so it's very unlikely indeed that they'd change anything.
Looks like I'm having the same issue as others on the thread MauriceC linked to.
How do I request Plus.net or Bob Pullen to make that change that seems to have fixed other peoples?
Many thanks,
scrookes
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 4

Hi All,
Although there is a note on the other thread offering a work-around, we still need customers to raise this with their IT departments to contact the relevent VPN companies (Checkpoint, BT MX) and raise support tickets with them too.
Whilst we can apply a quick work-around, should something be wrong with the routing outside of our network, we cannot guarantee the work-around will work permanently.  Ideally we need customer support so that we can rule out any issues from their side.
Have you tried a direct ping to your VPN server IP/FQDN?  This will be useful so we can see if your laptop can see the server?
scrookes
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 4

Just a thought,
If you can provide details of the following:
PING to your VPN IP
PING to your VPN domain name
TRACERT to either of the above
Also, please do raise a support ticket via your corporate IT Helpdesk.  Although you have not changed the equipment at home, it could be a server change there, or a change in routing from their end.
Kind Regards,
Steve
Papa704

Quote from: scrookes
Hi All,
Although there is a note on the other thread offering a work-around, we still need customers to raise this with their IT departments to contact the relevent VPN companies (Checkpoint, BT MX) and raise support tickets with them too.

I wouldn't have a clue how to do this, it's just an .exe that I run to connect when I'm at home, nothing has changed?
Quote from: scrookes
Have you tried a direct ping to your VPN server IP/FQDN?  This will be useful so we can see if your laptop can see the server?

I did try that and there was no response, but then again I couldn't ping other devices on my LAN either. EDIT: When it's plugged in the corporate network I can ping IP addresses on that network no problem. It's as though it's hardcoded to expect to be connected to corporate lan, and local or internet addresses don't exist.
I can PM an ipconfig/all both from home and at work if this helps? Plus the IP of the gateway.
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

As per the message I sent you this afternoon, things should be working for you now  Smiley

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵