cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can support monitor errors?

Bp1000
Grafter

Can support monitor errors?

Suffered with lots of electrical issues in the house recently, interferance has been an issue and the SNR Margin has fluctuated a lot on my VDSL connection. 

Had an electrician in to fix the wiring issues, caused loads of reboots and i'm interleaved now. 

Electrical work is now complete. Whilst i can see on my modem the SNR Margin is now WAY more stable, are plusnet support able to remotely view errors on my line and assess wether the errors logged have reduced as of 6pm today? 

Unfortunately my modem being 3rd party does not tell me how many errors have been logged. It is plugged into the master socket. 

I'm hoping to get my speed back, ideally like a DLM reset now my electrical faults have been fixed. Not sure if DLM reset is possible? 

1 REPLY 1
TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Re: Can support monitor errors?

Hi @Bp1000,

I'm really sorry to hear about the issues you're having in the property. If you're experiencing specific issues with the connection then we can run tests on the line to see we pick up any errors or faults. Coincidentally, I've tested the line today and everything appears to be working fine with no faults detected and I hope that's reflected on your side of things as well. Currently the line doesn't appear to be banded and you're receiving a downstream sync speed of 50.9Mbps, which is within your estimated speed range, albeit towards the lower end. If the connection is to remain more stable moving forward this may improve somewhat, but if you experience any further problems then please let us know and we'll be happy to investigate further.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team