cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can i get fibre broadband?

Toyota
Dabbler

Can i get fibre broadband?

Hi, im new here and need some help, and im not sure if ive posted this correctly...I was told I would be able to get fibre broadband, but when I went to the bt broadband availability checker I didn't really understand it, could someone please look at this for me and see if its worth me upgrading to fibre...I know I should have asked first before upgrading it but I was hoping it would improve my gaming, Thanks
9 REPLIES 9
harrow
Rising Star

Re: Can i get fibre broadband?

Well it says its available,

and as you have asked to upgrade you have committed yourself.

PN possibly will let you back out but you will have to formally ask.

Undecided

PN, where did it all go wrong ?
Toyota
Dabbler

I read somewhere "Downstream Handback Threshold is a BT Wholesale term. “In order to be eligible for handback, downstream speed should be less than Downstream Handback Threshold values.” This is important as if your line speeds is constantly below this speed you should be able to cancel your service without penalty."......I have no idea if im eligible for this...or if plusnet would even change me back to normal Internet if I cant get the minimum speeds available on fibre.
harrow
Rising Star

Well you won't know the actual speed until the fibre broadband is working,

until that time it is a educated guess.

Thumbs_Up

PN, where did it all go wrong ?
Toyota
Dabbler

Ahh...thanks anyway 😀 trying to understand that BT availability has given me a headache! Lol 😂
bmc
Hero
Fixes: 48

The DSL Checker results give 2 figures for FTTC - one for a good line (A) and one for a poor line (B).

Assuming you have a good line you should get between 35.6 and 50.9 on downloads.

Uploads should be between 5.7 and 8.3

The hand back threshold is the minimum you should receive - below this and OpenReach will investigate faults and accept cancellation if they can't get to this speed (I believe).

Brian

Mav
Fixes: 514

Moderator's note:

Moved to appropriate board.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Toyota
Dabbler

Thank you!! 😀 That makes sense...it says im on the market B exchange at the bottom of the page....so I think even on the bad line its still going to be much better than the normal Internet I was on before!! im a born worrier and ridiculously overthink everything 😂...so thanks for the help everyone, really excited to get fibre now!! 😍😁
RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

Market B has nothing to do with your estimated line speeds, it is your exchange classification, Market B is better than Market A which has an additional cost for no justifiable reason as far a FTTC is concerned.

Toyota
Dabbler

Im hopeless at understanding these things! Lol 😂 I think everything will be fine once its up and running...but I definitely know exactly where im coming if I need any help, thank you again everyone for taking the time to answer my questions.