cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can anyone here change me to a static IP?

FIXED
KennethBaxter
Dabbler

Can anyone here change me to a static IP?

I have been having the issue noted here: https://community.plus.net/t5/Fibre-Broadband/High-packet-loss-and-other-DNS-issues/td-p/1354749

I have been moved to the new network and have had nothing but horrible packet loss like many others.

The only fix that has been reported from a few users is to be moved to a static IP. I was wondering if anyone on these forums (staff) were able to move me to a static IP to see if It resolved my issue.

Below is a post from another thread about the Static IP fixing their issue:

https://community.plus.net/t5/Fibre-Broadband/High-packet-loss-and-other-DNS-issues/m-p/1363000/high...

and another here

ss+(2016-09-01+at+07.16.43).png

3 REPLIES 3
Riza
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: Can anyone here change me to a static IP?

Fix

You can do it online via the member center at addons, I believe there is a setup cost of £5.

Capture.PNG

I too am experiencing packet loss issues, I believe Plusnet should reimburse us any costs for the setup fee of a static ip if it fixes our situation. However, I'd think a staff member will temporarily assign a static ip as a good-will gesture but then change you back to an dynamic one.

KennethBaxter
Dabbler

Exactly, I do not wish to pay the £5 in case the problem is not fixed and should not be forced to pay the £5 to fix an issue not caused by me either. Thanks for the information though.

KennethBaxter
Dabbler

I clicked on the "add now" button expecting confirmation or extra details but it assigned it straight away and added £5 to my next bill.

Restarted modem and router and instantly notice the difference. Zero packet loss on the 81. static IP address.