cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can a Draytek Vigor 2710Vn be used with a Fibre connnection?

peter144

Can a Draytek Vigor 2710Vn be used with a Fibre connnection?

Hi,
Short version:
Has any successfully configured a Draytek Vigor 2710Vn for use with Plusnet FTTC and able to advise on settings?
Longer version:
I have been using a fibre connection with the supplied BT Openzone modem and Technicolor TG582n router for the last couple of years. I do get intermittent slow downs and we occasionally need to reboot things (though I have no hard evidence this actually improves things). Like many households with 2 adults and 2 teens we do have a whole array of devices on the home network which are often competing head-on.
I have a Draytek Vigor 2710Vn gathering dust that I had previously been using when we were on ADSL. This router advertises as supporting SNMP, so I was wondering if I could get this wired up to provide me with much greater visibility on what is going and run a Nagios on Linux service to monitor things for me.
I spent some time yesterday working on things, but I couldn't get it to work.
Settings I was using are:
PPPoE
VC/MUX
Multimode
VPI:0
VCI:38
My username
My password
Fixed IP
I am on the SDPLGT exchange.
The closest I seem to get is the router toggling between Ready - Reset - Handshaking. I did leave it a good 10 minutes, but this doesn't settle down.
I had disabled the Plusnet auto-configure hardware option via the member centre.
I did wonder if this router was more sensitive to noise and removed the phone and house alarm connection during testing, but that didn't seem to help.
I would be very grateful of any advice.
Regards,
Peter
3 REPLIES 3
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

Re: Can a Draytek Vigor 2710Vn be used with a Fibre connnection?

Probably a VLAN setting (101), there's a guide (settings other than username and password are same as BT) but it requires sign-up: http://www.draytek.co.uk/support/guides/kb-vigor-v2750-setup
[Edit]
Appologies - I should look at what I google (though I didn't sign up to check it), looks like you may be out of luck: http://pariswells.com/blog/notes/setting-up-draytek-router-on-bt-infinity
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
pwatson
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

The Draytek 2710 is an ADSL only router is incompatible with VDSL (FTTC).  It only has a DSL WAN port so it can't be partnered with the BTO modem either Sad
peter144

Thanks Guys. Looks like I'll have to rethink this one.