cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I reopen a support ticket?

winderjw
Hooked

Can I reopen a support ticket?

I accidentally closed a support ticket - clicked on the wrong button because I was rushing around in an effort to reduce the stupid amount of time I'm spending trying to sort out the problem.  Could someone from Plusnet possibly reopen it for me?

7 REPLIES 7
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Re: Can I reopen a support ticket?

Due to the way the system works we generally can't re-open support tickets I'm afraid.

You can open a new fault ticket at http://faults.plus.net

I've just tested your line though and I'm not seeing any issues.

What problems are you experiencing?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
winderjw
Hooked

I'm paying for (up to) 76Mbps, and for the first year or so I was getting about 65Mbps - nice and stable, too. However, I haven't seen those sorts of speeds in ages. I'm seeing 46Mbps max. The report that Plusnet created showed that I was on a 46Mbps profile which is 60% of the speed that I'm paying for, and I'm pretty annoyed. I just want what I'm being charged for.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

From what I remember your speeds were within the estimates of your line but I may be remembering wrong. Mind double checking for me by typing your telephone number in at www.dslchecker.bt.com?
From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
winderjw
Hooked

I'm not sure on the best way to report the results as I'm on mobile atm, but here's what I think is the info you want:

VDSL Range A: Down 47.7 to 65.2, up 10 to 15.6
VDSL Range B: Down 35 to 55, up 7.2 to 13.8

As I say, I used to see 65Mbps 24hrs per day.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for getting back to us.

As your router is in sync at 48.9mbps within your speed estimates and there aren't any other signs of a problem with the service, our suppliers wouldn't accept this as a fault report I'm afraid.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
winderjw
Hooked

Thanks for looking into the problem for me.  I understand that I'm "within estimates" and that you're suppliers won't accept that as a problem, but I think that in itself is something to complain about: when I signed up with Plusnet I was told I would likely get full speed or thereabouts, and for a year or so that's what I got.  Now, I'm getting 64% of the speed I'm paying for.  If you buy anything else and get given 64% of the product then you raze hell.  Apparently that just isn't done when dealing with ISPs - why?!  

Having had a continuous, reliable connection at >65Mbps for a very long time just makes the whole thing even more frustrating, because it's proof that I am able to receive those speeds and the thing stopping that from happening is Plusnet/BT's greed in overloading their infrastructure.  It's almost like buying a coach ticket and halfway through your journey being made to share your seat with a stranger because even though there were no seats left, the greedy supplier kept selling tickets.

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Unfortunately there are numerous reasons why speeds can drop overtime but the most common one is crosstalk.

This is interference from other fibre lines in the cabinet and can get worse as more people swap over.

There's very little that can be done regarding this I'm afraid.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team