cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I have a GEA test done please.

Malcky
Grafter

Can I have a GEA test done please.

As title please......I don't think I have ever seen one on my line before, so curious to see if I'm actually getting and all the other info it provides.

Thanks

17 REPLIES 17
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Re: Can I have a GEA test done please.

Sure thing, here you go.

Test Outcome Pass
Test Outcome Code GTC_FTTC_SERVICE_0003
Description No problem found, OAM test is not currently supported on this line.
Main Fault Location OK
Sync Status In Sync
Downstream Speed 78.0 Mbps
Upstream Speed 20.0 Mbps
Appointment Required N
Fault Report Advised N
NTE Power Status PowerOn
Voice Line Test Result Voice fault suspected - contact Voice CP to progress copper issue
Bridge Tap Not Detected
Radio Frequency Ingress Not Detected
Repetitive Electrical Impulse Noise Not Detected
Cross Talk Not Detected
Estimated Line Length In Metres 372.9
Upstream Rate Assessment Very Good
Downstream Rate Assessment Very Good
Interference Pattern Not Detected
Service Impact No Impact Observed
Home Wiring Problem Not Detected
Downstream Policing Discard Rate 0.0
Customer Traffic Level Upstream and Downstream Traffic Detected
Technology VDSL
Current 15Min Bin Retrains 0
Last 15Min Bin Retrains 0
Profile Name 0.128M-80M Downstream, Retransmission Low - 0.128M-20M Upstream, Error Protection Off

Everything looks spot on, except the Voice fault suspected.

I have tested your line, and detected a potential issue on the phone line. Just out of curiosity do you use your landline phone service? [because this kind of issue would usually mean you'd have no dialling tone].

I've reported the fault over to Openreach now and created this ticket on to your account.

Anoush

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Malcky
Grafter

Thanks Gandalf,

As it happens I do NOT use the land line for phone calls.....I don't even have a phone connected to the socket and been like that for as long as I can remember.

Its the internet side of things I'm interested in, but if the fault you've detected can have an effect on the internet side then defo lets try fix it.

Appart from that it all looks good.

Malcky
Grafter

I have now re-connected a phone to the socket (face plate master socket) and it does seem like there is ZERO dealing tone, and when I phone the house line from my mobile, the phone doesn't ring either...so something is going on there.

Funny thing is, I even had to log onto PN to make sure I had the correct number saved in my mobile....lol, and while looking at the phone account details, it shows me recent calls.....the last call I made from the landline was 8th November 2015.  lol.

Anyway I'm being side tracked now......As long as whatever is getting looked into does NOT impact the internet side of the service.....Im very protective of that....all wiring, router, access points, settings are all handled with kid gloves......that is working perfectly and always had done for me anyway.

notmyname
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Depending on what the fault the test has located is, it might not be impacting your broadband service.

For FTTC (the fibre service that is most common with Plusnet), the DSLAM is located close to or inside the cabinet (PCP).  So if the copper E side is disconnected at the PCP, it will not be impacting your broadband service.

However, if there is a loop condition, earth or battery contact on the D side, it will be affecting your broadband.  As will a partial DIS at the DP etc...

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

In this case, it was a Dis In Network fault detected at CE [Between NTE and DP]. In the first instance an engineer would usually investigate without needing access EU premises.
From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Malcky
Grafter

Thanks for the replies folks, however there is a few too many abbreviations that its got me a bit lost as to what or where the fix is?  lol

Browni
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 60

notmyname
Rising Star

In this case, it was a Dis In Network fault detected at CE [Between NTE and DP]. In the first instance an engineer would usually investigate without needing access EU premises.

20 quid says it's at the PCP, unless it's DIS one leg Cheesy

Browni
Aspiring Hero

PCP? when I deal with clients I speak at their level and don't drop acronyms/abbreviations just to be a smart [-Censored-].

notmyname
Rising Star

PCP? when I deal with clients I speak at their level and don't drop acronyms/abbreviations just to be a smart [-Censored-].

@Browni  I hope that wasn't directed at me Sad

I think I explained myself quite well.  By the way; I think you'll find that PCP is an initialism and NOT an acronym.  Using both potential terms separated by a "/" doesn't count.

For FTTC (the fibre service that is most common with Plusnet), the DSLAM is located close to or inside the cabinet (PCP).  So if the copper E side is disconnected at the PCP, it will not be impacting your broadband service.

Browni
Aspiring Hero

Yep.

You are a smart [-Censored-].

notmyname
Rising Star

Smiley Thanks for the input.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@Malcky wrote:

Thanks for the replies folks, however there is a few too many abbreviations that its got me a bit lost as to what or where the fix is?  lol

Here's a good website that explains the abbreviations in relation to faults: https://www.openreach.co.uk/orpg/home/products/serviceproducts/orderandfaulttracker/faulthandling/fa...

@notmyname wrote:
20 quid says it's at the PCP, unless it's DIS one leg Cheesy

Can I join in on the bet. Roll_eyes

@notmyname wrote:
Smiley Thanks for the input.

No problems, let us know if there's any change to your broadband service over the next few days.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Malcky
Grafter

Hi there,

Could you run another GEA test now that my voice fault has been corrected, I would like to know it there as been any change to the fibre side of things as it did drop connection when the fault was being worked on.

Thanks