cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I adjust settings to get faster wireless speed?

lewiss11

Can I adjust settings to get faster wireless speed?

When on the phone to a member of the plus net team he told me that the broadband in my area is really good and is between 66-72mbps and he said that it could actually reach up to 80+ as the 72mbps is like a limit on it, I wasn’t sure if this is something I can change in the router settings?
6 REPLIES 6
Baldrick1
Fixes: 419

Re: Can I adjust settings to get faster wireless speed?

@lewiss11 

One has to wonder at this level of BS. The Plusnet service synch speed is locked at 80Mbps maximum and the maximum data rate is less than this. If you are lucky enough to have a very good connection you might get to the high 70s Mbps. There are no router controls that will increase your synch speed.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 77

@lewiss11  If you enter your phone number in the DSL Checker and post the results on here people should be able to give you a better idea of the speeds you could expect.

lewiss11

Came back as High:80Mbps and Low:67.9Mbps, I have done an internet speed test and it came back at 54-55Mbps.
Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 77

If you post the table it will show us the detail.

Speed tests depend on many factotors and not always reliable.

lewiss11

I’ve added it to an album ‘Internet speed’
BD
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 86

Hi @lewiss11, I'm sorry to hear you're having speed troubles as of recent. I can see when checking into your account that your line will still be undergoing the training period. This is a period usually in the first 10 days of the connection where the line settings will adjust to try find the best settings for both consistency and speed. I can see your sync speed is currently at 73Mbps to the router but again this could adjust over the next few days until the connection settings settles. I'd advise then to give the 10 day training period it's time needed to settle the connection and speeds and by all means if you're still seeing speed issues after that point to get in touch so we can investigate further. I'd advise when checking the speeds your side to do so over a wired connection with no other devices/applications heavily using the connection at the time as to get an accurate reading. Let us know how it goes.