Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Came over from Sky...

Scas01
Hooked

Came over from Sky...

Hi,

To be fair a came to Plusnet because it was the cheapest known brand I knew so when I left Sky I was getting a not too amazing 26mb down and 1.6mb up to now over a month on I'm getting 18mb down and 0.92mb up.

I can't say I am happy with the speed and the router I was given is the same router from what I was last with Plusnet over 5 years ago... Can someone please look into this so it can at least be as bad as Sky? Thanks
7 REPLIES 7
CJT-80
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 4

Re: Came over from Sky...

@Scas01 

First off it would be a good idea to have a look at what you "should" be able to achieve speed wise, ie what your line can provide. 

Go to: https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL and type in your landline number, or address (using the address tab) and post back the results, remember to REMOVE any personal info such as the address or phone number but leave in the Cabinet number and Exhange if possible.

Kind Regards,

CJT
Scas01
Hooked

Thanks for replying so promptly.

I have uploaded a picture of the results to my albums but have no idea how to post the picture or attach it to this thread. If I need to do more then let me know, I will also add I am fairly good with tech but this community board is baffling haha.
Scas01
Hooked

Edit: I have placed the results in my public album for your perusal 😊👍
Scas01
Hooked

Hi,

Can I have a update on the above please?

Thanks
Steven
LordFoul
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 32

Hi @ Scas01,

Thanks for getting in touch.

Apologies for any issues with your connection, I'm sorry to hear it's causing inconvenience.

Please can you ensure the following troubleshooting has been followed to establish a problem with your connection:

Wi-Fi

Test socket

You can find some tips on how to boost your Wi-Fi here.

Together with our network partners at Openreach we are prioritising customers who don’t have a phone line or broadband connection, meaning there might be a delay in Speed Faults being fixed. In the meantime, if you feel there is a Speed Fault please raise this online at faults.plus.net.

Thanks - Tahir

Scas01
Hooked

Hi,

Thanks for getting back in touch, I have the Plus net router on the exact same socket as the Sky router was in with the same devices connected to is but am still getting 18mb down and 0.92mb up which is down from 26mb up and 1.8mb down I was getting from sky.

Can this please be looked into.

Thanks
Steven
BD
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 86

Hi @Scas01, thanks for getting back to us. Together with our network partners at Openreach we are prioritising customers who don’t have a phone line or broadband connection, meaning there might be a delay in Speed Faults being fixed. In the meantime, please raise your speed fault online at faults.plus.net.